PDA

View Full Version : What's going on with the Site?

KLH
08-28-2012, 02:18 PM
The site was just down - which is fine. Now that DJF is back, it's acting weird. Breadcrumb links aren't able to be selected. Navigation (section jumping) isn't working well.

Just quirky behavior.

-KLH

pete
08-28-2012, 02:44 PM
ditto. its like the links are misaligned on the page, some are not selectable, and the text is not linking.

sorry for the technical jargon :freak:

Era 7
08-28-2012, 03:58 PM
same here. i can select sub-forums but can't navigate back. i always have to just back to the main-forum page via the DJF banner :(

Dix
08-28-2012, 04:24 PM
and the little bar that has "New Posts" link on it is only there on a certain page. Its not on most pages anymore.

There is a "Whats New" link along with another link or two but the other links are all missing...??? :)

I'm sure you guys are working on some of this stuff but just wanted to add something I seen wrong to the list.

Thanks for all your work guys...

Edit: This is the little bar that is missing on most of the pages... as far as I know, it's only on one page now:

"New Posts New Group Messages New Events New Articles Mark Forums Read"

KLH
08-28-2012, 05:00 PM
Ahhh... I think I see what's going on. There's a new facebook login and "like" integration that I never saw before.

-KLH

Interracial Tea
08-28-2012, 06:01 PM
Ahhh... I think I see what's going on. There's a new facebook login and "like" integration that I never saw before.

-KLH

That's been there for a while.

Tektonix
08-28-2012, 06:24 PM
Everythings Okay On My End :shrug:

Era 7
08-28-2012, 06:31 PM
looks like the settings page now not only shows recieved rep but also given rep and in addition shows your rep power. but the navigation is still broken for me...

KLH
08-28-2012, 06:58 PM
Everythings Okay On My End :shrug:
I just loaded DJF with IE8 and everything works. Please get Chrome compatibility going again!

-KLH

DJNR
08-28-2012, 07:32 PM
It's not loading well with Firefox.

g-sep
08-28-2012, 07:39 PM
I'm scared. I don't like changes.

Dix
08-28-2012, 07:43 PM
I'm using Chrome and its loading ok. Well, actually it never loads ok. I still have trouble with it on a regular basis. I sometime have to click refresh several times before the page loads.

Still, so far, the only problem I can see is what I previously mentioned about the task bar (or whatever it is) is missing.

Dix
08-28-2012, 07:54 PM
Ok, the reason the "New Posts" link is missing is because its been replaced with the "Whats New" link. I clicked on it earlier but it didn't dawn on me what it was because it has changed drastically. Its a whole new look in displaying the new posts/threads.

The old man finally caught on. I just wonder :uhoh: how many people already knew this
& was sitting back sniggering :lol: at me
and taking bets on how long it would take me to figure it out??? :squint:

Sween
08-28-2012, 08:00 PM
The 'What's New" Tab is totally different layout now...

Dix
08-28-2012, 08:01 PM
Now, the task bar thingy with "New Posts" is back.. this is running me crazy.... lol

Sween
08-28-2012, 08:04 PM
Screwed up in Safari too...

Sigma
08-28-2012, 09:25 PM
The site was updated to version 4.2.0 of vBulletin. It's messed some things up for me too, for instance, the menus at the top of the screen now display like this: -

http://i.imgur.com/YSRTN.jpg

Things are overlapping and obviously, those menu items shouldn't display as massive tiles like that.

Other things that are broken: -

When I look at who has left me rep, clicking the name of the thread no longer does anything - it should take you to the comment where the rep was left.

At the top of the forum, clicking the navigation links now does nothing, e.g. where it says Forum - Miscellaneous - Site Discussion - What's going on with the Site?, you should be able to click Miscellaneous, for example, to go to that sub-section, but it doesn't do anything. This is really annoying as it makes browsing the site a pain in the arse.

A minor issue, but the favicon for the site has been overwritten by the default vBulletin one.

In the user settings, there are missing menu items and menus displaying in weird positions, for example: -

http://i.imgur.com/HUanT.jpg

It could be that the default skin has been customised and needs to be reset/recached, as that can cause all kinds of weird display issues.

Synaxis
08-28-2012, 10:51 PM
Yep, I'm having issues on my end too. Was just going to post about it until I saw this thread. Notifications now pop up when you receive +Rep!

Edit:

Upon close inspection, the "BreadCrumbs," aka, Forums > Miscellaneous > Site Discussion links, DO work, however, are being overlapped by UI "floatcontainer," thus rendering them unclickable. Those are the "PM, Calender, FAQ, ect..." links.

<ul class="floatcontainer"><li id="vbflink_newposts"><a href="search.php?do=getnew&amp;contenttype=vBForum_Post">New Posts</a></li>
<li id="vbflink_pms"><a href="private.php">Private Messages</a></li>
<li id="vbflink_faq"><a href="faq.php">FAQ</a></li>
<li id="vbflink_calendar"><a href="calendar.php">Calendar</a></li>
<li class="popupmenu" id="vbmenu_community">
<a href="javascript://" class="popupctrl" id="yui-gen3">Community</a>
<ul class="popupbody" id="yui-gen2" style="left: 0px; top: 131px; display: none; ">

<li id="vbclink_contacts"><a href="profile.php?do=buddylist">Friends &amp; Contacts</a></li>

<li id="vbclink_members"><a href="memberlist.php">Member List</a></li>

</ul>
</li>

<li class="popupmenu" id="vbmenu_actions">
<a href="javascript://" class="popupctrl active" id="yui-gen5">Forum Actions</a>
<ul class="popupbody" id="yui-gen4" style="display: block; left: 0px; top: -133px; ">

<li id="vbalink_mfr"><a href="forumdisplay.php?do=markread&amp;markreadhash=13462133 75-c57d5aac73c702733054af36483a0b1cf6c3622a">Mark Forums Read</a></li>

<li id="vbalink_settings"><a href="profile.php?do=editoptions">General Settings</a></li>

<li id="vbalink_profile"><a href="profile.php?do=editprofile">Edit Profile</a></li>

</ul>
</li>

<li class="popupmenu" id="vbmenu_qlinks">
<a href="javascript://" class="popupctrl" id="yui-gen7">Quick Links</a>
<ul class="popupbody" id="yui-gen6" style="display: none; ">

<li id="vbqlink_posts"><a href="search.php?do=getdaily&amp;contenttype=vBForum_Post">Today's Posts</a></li>

<li id="vbqlink_threads"><a href="subscription.php">Subscribed Threads</a></li>

<li id="vbqlink_contacts"><a href="javascript://" onclick="window.open(getBaseUrl() + 'misc.php?do=buddylist&amp;focus=1','buddylist','statu sbar=no,menubar=no,toolbar=no,scrollbars=yes,resiz able=yes,width=250,height=300'); return false;">Open Contacts Popup</a></li>

<li id="vbqlink_leaders"><a href="showgroups.php">View Site Leaders</a></li>

<li id="vbqlink_online"><a href="online.php">Who's Online</a></li>

</ul>
</li>

</ul>

Sigma
08-29-2012, 12:34 AM
^^Nice spot man.

YouTube videos are now limited to 1 per post. Boo!

Marc S
08-29-2012, 01:16 AM
for a certain member... ^^ thats not a bad thing ;)

Manu
08-29-2012, 03:30 AM
the smilies work fine :argh:

Sigma
08-29-2012, 07:12 AM
I can't start a new thread now either, because I can't type anything in the thread title field due to a menu partly obscuring it.

This site is fucked.

KLH
08-29-2012, 07:18 AM
^ Use the Tab key to move to the thread title field.

-KLH

The Blackest
08-29-2012, 08:14 AM
I can't start a new thread now either, because I can't type anything in the thread title field due to a menu partly obscuring it.

This site is fucked.

Its either user error or the site is telling you to stop posting.

No seriously just either tab to the title field or move the pointer to slightly above it.

Era 7
08-29-2012, 10:31 AM
^ Use the Tab key to move to the thread title field.

-KLH

i just facepalmed for running into the same problem and not thinking of that :facepalm:

Marc S
08-30-2012, 04:35 AM
not that it solves anything on the site, but on chrome, on my phone/ipad its working as before, no issues at all, i'm finding it easier to use on those until this is fixed.

Era 7
08-30-2012, 12:01 PM
so it just went down, back up and nothing was fixed :blank:

mars.shosh1n
08-30-2012, 12:20 PM
http://i.imgur.com/nojWx.gif

The Blackest
08-30-2012, 12:38 PM
Nothing to see here move along.

Doppelganger
08-31-2012, 02:15 AM
Moderator functions seem to not be working. I can't access drop down menus to move thread etc, they just want drop down at all. I'm using firefox, seems slightly better through chrome though. Is this a firefox issue?

Also all the quick links seem to be ontop of the thread title. I can't use the quick links in green near the top of the page either to direct back to the main sections of what the thread was on.

Sigma
08-31-2012, 04:11 AM
^^That's likely a result of the issue that Synaxis posted about in post #18 of this thread.

Rek_Aviles
08-31-2012, 09:08 AM
I use my scroll wheel to zoom into w.e. I need to select. Zooming in moves things below or above that invisible div. That's my work around for now. :shrug:

*Hold the "Ctrl" key while scrolling up or down.

Era 7
09-02-2012, 03:56 AM
so any word on this? the battle section is completely useless atm. can't select the options in the polls :(

Stripe
09-02-2012, 10:34 AM
still looking into it.. have not been able to pinpoint the variable thats off. :shrug:

Stripe
09-02-2012, 11:09 AM
voting and the drop downs should be sorted.

Andrew B
09-02-2012, 11:11 AM
Looks like everything's fixed :tup:

Era 7
09-02-2012, 11:13 AM
yup. it's working again :dance:

Sigma
09-02-2012, 11:42 AM
Yep, all good here too in Opera.

Synaxis
09-02-2012, 11:54 AM
Yep, all good here too in Opera.

Ditto in Chrome!

Marc S
09-02-2012, 12:13 PM
the icon thing in the address bar is gone, replaced by the VB logo

Sigma
09-02-2012, 12:37 PM
Aye, I mentioned that on the last page. It just needs to be overwritten with this: -

http://www.sigmamixes.com/misc/favicon.ico

Stripe
09-02-2012, 01:17 PM
Will add that either tonight or tomorrow.

Vid limit was increased too if you didn't catch it. 5 for now, will prob increase it though.

Sent from some device using some program hd.

pete
09-02-2012, 01:27 PM
the site seems to be working a bit better now.
:tup:

cooper
09-04-2012, 12:04 PM
the site seems to be working a bit better now.
:tup:

Plus one

KLH
09-04-2012, 05:24 PM
I just noticed that everything's great again in Chrome. Great job, Stripe.

-KLH

Rek_Aviles
09-04-2012, 07:06 PM
Where's my Favorite Track? ppl need to know my song of choice! :argh:

nah, just messin. :zany:

Everything is working for me on Chrome. Nice work Stripe.

Adzm00
09-21-2012, 10:30 AM
The only thing I still noticed with IE8 (work) is that when a window isnt full size the "Notifications" button and user name are overlapping.

Stripe
09-25-2012, 08:12 PM
thanks adzm, will have a look at that when I get a moment. Also havent forgotten about the favorite track, and relocating the rep back to the bottom. Just need to find that config again.

Adzm00
10-23-2012, 10:47 AM
NP.

Also, I don't know if it happens to others (it might just be shitty IE8 on my work computer) but when I am replying and there is quoted text or something that means a scroll bar appears it keeps scrolling up to the top of the post when I am trying to type at the bottom of it.

Sigma
11-03-2012, 02:30 AM
Can you add questions to the sign up process? I use Invision Power Board and you can with that. Adding a question such as "A Technics 1200 is a type of what?" stopped the spambots dead in their tracks, cos the CAPTCHA images clearly don't work on their own and every day spambots are signing up here and filling up the sections with crap - it gets deleted, but you could perhaps stop them from getting in in the first place.

DJNR
11-03-2012, 02:54 AM
I agree with Sigma. Those bots can post an alarming amount of content quickly.

Marc S
11-03-2012, 04:25 AM
the spam filter was lightened because it was flagging too much stuff apparently, but its been a bad idea, stripe is caught up in this storm and without power though, when he's back online the filter will be increased again.

thanks guys.

Zafire
11-12-2012, 03:34 AM
Yeah there is a spambot running wild on every sub forum atm with multiple posts per thread :/

Marc S
11-12-2012, 06:07 AM
Can you add questions to the sign up process? I use Invision Power Board and you can with that. Adding a question such as "A Technics 1200 is a type of what?" .

maaan, half the djs on here would get that wrong :P

Sigma
11-16-2012, 12:35 AM
LOL, I put "clue - it starts with 't' and ends with 'e'" on my site, not solely cos some numb nuts wouldn't know what a 1200 was, but just in case they put "deck" or something.

Where are the admins of this site? The favicon still hasn't been sorted. I get the feeling that the way DJF is now is the way it's gonna be in 5 years' time for some reason.