PDA

View Full Version : Turntable for a New Chap

JDH
02-12-2012, 07:48 PM
Hey guys

Following on from my other post about speakers, a little bit more about my situation can also be found there:

http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?596-First-time-studio-monitor-buyer

I'm after a vinyl player that I can rip vinyl exclusive's from, but also play music off it in general and maybe in the future do some mixing (no scratching) on it, basically I'm after a bit of a future proof choice so that I can keep my options open! Since I'm new to the whole mixing thing, I'm pretty confident that I want to go down the CDJ road for the time being as that is the cheaper option for me. I'm pretty set on a Denon DN-X120 for a mixer (£170 brand new, found a second hand one for £110 but I think I might as well opt for the new one). My budget for the vinyl player is probably £150-250, I understand the higher I go the better product I'll get, but for the time being I will be ripping vinyl's for use on CDJs.

I understand another option I have is to go down the DVS route, but I do not own a laptop unfortunately so I reckon it's more practical for me to own CDJs.

Appreciate any feedback!

J