PDA

View Full Version : Roboscans not responding to dmx?

DJ Higgumz
08-28-2012, 10:59 AM
so I've got a dmx king ultradmx micro, and I set up my lights and everything in freestyler. I set the addresses on my fixtures, and only my cx2s work. the roboscans don't respond. they just boot up, do their mirror reset thing and then nothing happens. I do have the phase reversal cord in, because the roboscans were designed for the martin protocol. this is my first time setting up dmx, so it could be a noob mistake. but in freestyler it shows the dip setting, and for the first fixture it says the only dip set on is 1. could it be the jumper? there's a jumper on the pcb that you are supposed to put in pins 4 and 5 for 7 channel vector mode. i don't want 7 channel, but I will have to try it to see if that fixes the problem. any other thoughts

DJ Higgumz
08-28-2012, 02:54 PM
turns out it was a bad cable, so I got them working! I actually set off the fire alarm in our house, I didn't have it too thick with the haze but it was fairly thick. I just hope halls have less sensitive detectors!

Synaxis
08-28-2012, 06:23 PM
I just hope halls have less sensitive detectors!

I REALLY doubt that. Especially if it is a new hall, and houses are not are "strict" code wise, as public places which can hold hundreds of people at a time.