PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Using the Pioneer DJM-T1?

justhansel
02-12-2012, 07:39 PM
Has anyone used the DJM-T1 or own one of them?

If so, how do you like it?

iammongo
02-13-2012, 10:13 AM
I just bought one and used it for the first time at a reverse raffle I dj'd on saturday.

Overall i like the mixer alot. The hookup to Traktor 2 is easy as can be, the Built in Kontrol x1 works flawlessly ( i really love the knob in the middle of the mixer that lets you scroll through your collection) and the layout of the mixer was thought out very well. Sound quality was great and the unit seems to be rock solid, just like you would expect from a pioneer mixer.

I bought the mixer to clean up some clutter in my setup....the Kontrol X1 is gone and the External soundcard is gone so mission acomplished there!
For the record I run this with 2-CDJ-900's and of course Traktor 2 on my laptop.

The Couple things i don't like about the new mixer (comparing it to a djm-800) There is only 1 mic output. I like having 1 wired for myself and 1 wireless to hand to people for toasts etc.
I tried buying a 2 to 1 cable to hook both mics up to the mixer and almost blew my eardrums out when i switched from wireless to wired....Glad that happened in my basement and not live LOL.:lol:

The other thing is that the t1 does not have control cable jacks to allow crossfader starting of my players....this was almost a dealbreaker for me when i first noticed it but decided to give the mixer a fair chance at a few gigs.

After playing with it this weekend i think i'll keep it... For me at least the controller being centralized into my system makes it well worth it. I'll just have t buy a dual wireless Mic system now to fix the only real problem i have with it. The Massive price drop was also a key factor in my purchase.

Chay
02-13-2012, 11:42 AM
If you're looking into the Pioneer DJM-T1, then check out the Denon DN-X1600 :tup:

Liam
02-13-2012, 12:00 PM
I had a mess around with the mixer at the BPM show last year and i loved it. I thought it was well built compared to other Pioneer mixers and the layout was somewhat confusing for me but it still made sense. The feel was brilliant.

If i had any need for a mixer like this, i would be on top of it! But i don't scratch and don't use Traktor (i have it, just don't use it) so i don't need it.

I can't really say what the crossfader is like as i don't use a crossfader so i can't comment on that..

Great all round mixer though!

iammongo
02-13-2012, 02:01 PM
If you're looking into the Pioneer DJM-T1, then check out the Denon DN-X1600 :tup:

I don't think that Denon is a good comparison for the T1 at all. The T1 is marketed as a pure traktor mixer, with a built in Kontrol-x1 and a soundcard. The Denon on the other hand is a 4 channel mixer that compares more to the DJM-700 or 800.

Chay
02-13-2012, 02:05 PM
I don't think that Denon is a good comparison for the T1 at all. The T1 is marketed as a pure traktor mixer, with a built in Kontrol-x1 and a soundcard. The Denon on the other hand is a 4 channel mixer that compares more to the DJM-700 or 800.

No. The DN-X1600 is marketed against the DJM-900nexus, which both have Traktor soundcards, for less money.

iammongo
02-13-2012, 02:39 PM
It does look like a nice mixer....the thing that sold me on the T1 was how they integrated all of the kontrol x1 buttons into it. The big weakness is that if you're without traktor then you have no effects to speak of.

finalcoyote
02-14-2012, 09:49 AM
The big weakness is that if you're without traktor then you have no effects to speak of.

I wouldn't say that's much of a weakness.

djzeusone
07-12-2012, 06:53 AM
I own the T-1 and use it with Serato, of course to run serato you need an SL1, SL2, Sl3 or SL4 (and before you ask, why not just buy the new Rane 61 or 62) well.... I already had just bought an SL2 3 months prior and the T1 has waayyy more features than the Rane 61 and the 62 was out of my price range. The upside to the T1 is that almost everything on the mixer is Midi mappable (except eq's, gain & cue buttons) so if you're into video mixing, this mixer is the way to go. Just hook it up to your lap top, connect your SL box to your laptop and map the fadders then you're good to go....

I have a full review and demo of the mixer when i first got it, check it out http://youtu.be/Gcq3nYI46xM

djzeusone
07-12-2012, 06:55 AM
It does look like a nice mixer....the thing that sold me on the T1 was how they integrated all of the kontrol x1 buttons into it. The big weakness is that if you're without traktor then you have no effects to speak of.

Not true if you are running Serato with the mixer as I do... I mapped the buttons on mine to the effex in serato (of course you'd need a serato box, sl1/sl2, etc...)

djzeusone
07-12-2012, 06:59 AM
As far as the cross-fader goes... you have more control over the cut lag than just the 3 switch positions. I honestly like the cross-fader of the T1 than the Rane TTM57 (along with a few of my other friends that are die-hard Rane 57 owners)!