PDA

View Full Version : acapella scratching around 70-90 bpm

djkvg
08-27-2012, 12:36 AM
I am having a really difficult time with acapella scratching at this bpm range.... i am really good at 100bpm and 128bpm but the lower bpm seems to be really tough. i mean i can do it but it does not sound good at all.

for example i want to throw in an acapella loop or i use the acapella portion of another track to bring it in instead of beatmatching, but it sounds horrible..... i also think the other track that is playing that has singing is a bit distracting...

any tips guys?

Austin GoGreen
08-27-2012, 08:18 AM
Not sure what you're tryting to do but avoid words over words. I would drop a quick hitter on deck A. Drop in the acapella on deck B, as A gets to the outro loop. Scratch. Silence the beat (by lowering deck A upfader), bring it back up, repeat. Kill deck A, drop next instrumental or intro on deck A, scratch out acapella on deck B. Transforms, Tears, Flares seem to be easy for me as a begginer.

djkvg
08-29-2012, 03:04 AM
basically i have the instrumental playing and i want to bring in the next track using acapella scratching but it sounds weird

pete
09-03-2012, 03:36 PM
practice?

R6P8poXqw2I

akswun
09-03-2012, 06:17 PM
+1 for Practice

I used to have problems bringing in acapellas into instrumentals but I just practiced and practiced and practiced. Get a bunch of instrumentals and acapellas in the ranges and just practice your ass off.
Listen to the first 4 syllables of the acapella and try to imagine it on the beat you're on. Sometimes the snares and bass thumps can throw you off. But with practice and some rhythm or even bobbing your head to the beat can really help you accomplish what you want.

GL