PDA

View Full Version : Calling Out: Rock Battle

manoaboi
08-26-2012, 03:32 PM
All right you alien assholes, its been too long. I need to make a fucking mix and I need some motivation to do it. I did a rock battle a couple years (!!!!!!!!!!!) ago and I made a mix that I am pretty happy about. I want to relive that feeling, if only once more. Its not perfect, but it was inspired, fun, and real.

The rules were the mix was primarily rock, with another genre spliced in there to shake things up. I used turntables, mixer, Serato (relative mode, cue points, looping, and effects), and a trigger finger. I did not warp any tracks in Ableton, and there was no post-production. Due to live drums in rock it took me a whilst to get it sounding halfway decent.

Here's the mix:

http://soundcloud.com/rockbattleaccount/rock-battle-mix

So I ask: did that get you somewhat inspired? Or do you think I'm just a chump and you want some easy DJF cred by holding me down and punishing me whilst I cry in front of the whole forum?

Either way, this battle is for you.

EDIT forgot you're supposed to choose the rules

BRING IT FOCKERS

EDIT 2: ehhh no more time for this now :( bummmmerrr

M!TCH
08-26-2012, 06:51 PM
Thought for sure Manu would do this :shrug: If I remember correctly his take the red pill or the blue pill mix of his was a great rock one that I enjoyed. Always interesting to hear a Rock mix.