PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: American Audio HDT 4.5 turntables

imallama
08-26-2012, 04:07 AM
Yup, looking for a set. These are more of my back ups that I'll be taking with me to school, as I don't want to risk my Technics being stolen or damaged.

Let me know if you have a pair and how much! I've heard great things about this turntable and want to try it out as well. It just seems almost impossible to find them anymore.

Hausgeist
08-26-2012, 06:59 AM
I'd just get the newest version of the super oem, which is the Audio Technica atlp1240.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=audio+technica+at+lp1240&hl=en&prmd=imvns&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&biw=1280&bih=937&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=18436377161431998155&sa=X&ei=Og86UJrUEKPYyAGVt4HwDg&ved=0CEIQ8wIwAA#scoring=tp

imallama
08-26-2012, 11:50 AM
What's the difference between the HDT and the atlp1240?

Hausgeist
08-26-2012, 11:56 AM
None that I can think of off the top of my head other than the HDT has been discontinued for quite a while, and the atlp1240 was just released. Check out Blaze's review.

wgCJM3bCoJg

imallama
08-26-2012, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the recommendation, I'll keep my eye out for a used pair somewhere. I was looking some stuff online and skratchlounge mentioned that we'd have to "modify" the tonearm to make it usable to scratch with. Do you know if the HDT 4.5's ever had that problem?

EDIT: You must spread some rep around before you give it to Hausegeist again :(

Hausgeist
08-26-2012, 12:21 PM
I was looking some stuff online and skratchlounge mentioned that we'd have to "modify" the tonearm to make it usable to scratch with. Do you know if the HDT 4.5's ever had that problem?

It would probably be the same, as they are basically the exact same deck. However, I can't say for sure.

Also, what do you mean by "super OEM" out of curiosity, as I've never heard that before.

That is covered in this thread.

http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?4866-AT-LP120-TECHNICS-look-alikes&highlight=super+oem

imallama
08-26-2012, 12:53 PM
Nice, thanks! Haha, I realized that while watching the video, DJ Blaze covers what super oem was -_- My bad. Hahaha.

But thanks for the info and help!

decarto
09-07-2012, 03:48 PM
Hi ,

I have a set, but one of the outputs on one of the turntable, either the left or right is not working. Could be a cheap fix, but I don't know how to do it.

I would let them go for $400 shipped. Shipping would probably cost me $80 alone from Canada.

let me

Will MaXimal
09-07-2012, 06:50 PM
I would go for the Audio Technica's for sure.

To be honest, i have a pair of Stanton ST-150's which are a part of the Super OEM family and they are the best decks i have ever owned. They function very well and sorry to say are way better than the Technics (Awaiting Technics Fanboy Flaming)

@Decarto

Are both the left and right outputs dead? How are they cosmetically? Any other issues?

imallama
09-08-2012, 06:22 AM
Hi ,

I have a set, but one of the outputs on one of the turntable, either the left or right is not working. Could be a cheap fix, but I don't know how to do it.

I would let them go for $400 shipped. Shipping would probably cost me $80 alone from Canada.

let me

PM'd you.

imallama
09-08-2012, 06:24 AM
I would go for the Audio Technica's for sure.

To be honest, i have a pair of Stanton ST-150's which are a part of the Super OEM family and they are the best decks i have ever owned. They function very well and sorry to say are way better than the Technics (Awaiting Technics Fanboy Flaming)

@Decarto

Are both the left and right outputs dead? How are they cosmetically? Any other issues?

Yeah, I was considering getting the St-150's for a while now. How are they in comparison the STR8-150's (if you've had a chance to use either) and why did you chose the ST's over the STR8's?

The reason why I was going for the American Audio is because I was hoping to find a pair that wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg/something as much as a pair of Technics would cost. I already have a pair of M5G's but want to try something else out.