PDA

View Full Version : Has this forum died?

streetspirit
08-22-2012, 02:46 PM
R.I.P. djforums Drum and Bass/ Jungle?

Sigma
08-22-2012, 08:59 PM
The whole site is way quieter than it was before it went down. I think a lot of people have gone to other sites and stayed there.

Blueprint
08-22-2012, 09:07 PM
we're still around, just not as much traffic as already mentioned.

steeevo
08-23-2012, 02:59 AM
Definitely

The Blackest
08-23-2012, 06:46 AM
Whoa I didn't know there was a Drum n Bass section on this site!!!

mars.shosh1n
08-23-2012, 10:00 AM
boh selektah.

Blueprint
08-23-2012, 12:37 PM
the only thing i'm rinsing these days are dirty dishes

mars.shosh1n
08-23-2012, 02:07 PM
INSYYYYYYIIIIIDE my cubicle printing my tps report coversheets.

Doppelganger
08-23-2012, 05:17 PM
Most of the threads made on forums like this are made by n00bs wanting answers. Trouble is most of the veterans returned and the n00bs forgot about the site or moved on to another hobby or were scared away by other "more vocal" members

On another note I find that the dnb scene itself doesn't seem to have as many n00b dj's as there was when I started out and the activity of good and exciting releases doesn't seem to be what it was a few years back.

mars.shosh1n
08-23-2012, 05:40 PM
On another note I find that the dnb scene itself doesn't seem to have as many n00b dj's as there was when I started out and the activity of good and exciting releases doesn't seem to be what it was a few years back.

Thats cuz all the n00bz went to play dumbstep :badger:

Blueprint
08-23-2012, 05:50 PM
As far as quality.. I still think there is some really really really good dnb at the moment.

Doppelganger
08-24-2012, 01:47 AM
Thats cuz all the n00bz went to play dumbstep :badger:

I know, yet you don't see as much traffic on that section as you used to there either.

As far as quality.. I still think there is some really really really good dnb at the moment.

Good enough to make a thread over though?

The last and only thread that's been posted up was about the new spectrasoul album and some members were disappointed by it.

mars.shosh1n
08-24-2012, 08:57 AM
The last and only thread that's been posted up was about the new spectrasoul album and some members were disappointed by it.

Even though I don't get paid to dj, I still have my humble lil internet show. Where possible, I buy all the new digital stuff i'm hearing that I like. Last week, I spent $7.50. :blank:

IMO it's been a great year for DnB, but just not within the last month or so heh.

Carter
08-24-2012, 10:26 AM
I still love you guys. :)

steeevo
08-28-2012, 04:20 PM

IMO it's been a great year for DnB, but just not within the last month or so heh.

Yeah that was me doppel and there was only like 5 replies in that thread, pretty much a waste of time starting the thread thats why i no longer create many threads, this whole site is pretty rubbish now.

the only reason i come here is to see familiar names and hear what they have to say about dnb.

and i think mars is right in what he said. i just had a look at dnb arena and the download chart does not tickle my fancy at all, didnt buy a thing.

sad times sad times

steeevo
03-22-2019, 01:10 PM
Im back! This site is still dead. Lol

DJ Bobcat
03-22-2019, 01:52 PM

Looks like you might revive it single-handedly.😄

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dix
03-22-2019, 05:49 PM

Welcome back........!!!!

Manu
03-23-2019, 05:49 AM
Listen to my two new mixes folks

Fixed.

djnotapplicable
03-24-2019, 09:28 AM
I was on this forum back in like 06/07

I actually attended a meet up somewhere in DC or MD.

Was definitely more active than now. Although I can't say I have found many other forums related to DJs and actually not having tons of threads to cover actually works better for me as I am super busy.

mitchiemasha
03-26-2019, 06:53 AM
and actually not having tons of threads to cover actually works better for me.
I agree...

freewave
04-28-2019, 08:42 PM
I agree...

Having no active threads kinda negates the point of a forum though.

At least DogsonAcid is rolling along for DnB. Nu Skool Breaks is suffering the same issue as here though.

DJ Bobcat
04-28-2019, 09:21 PM
This forum hasn’t died, but it is pretty slow lately. The thing is, members complain that it has died, yet there are usually about a dozen members logged in most of the time. Ya gotta wonder why nobody’s posting. I like talking about DJ gear and DJ computers and music. There’s a ton of stuff to discuss. It seems we’re now getting fewer DJ’s and more noobs, but that’s OK. Maybe the bloom is off the rose for experienced DJ’s and DJ forums? I dunno.

My own personal opinion is that anonymous members stifle social interaction. It’s hard to devolop camaraderie with a USERNAME and an avatar.😄 I’ve been in another forum where some of us shared our “Trading Cards”. We had a little fun with it and helped having an idea of who we were communicating with. I made one for this forum...
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190429/f72c1b803c27798f62c3a252a5e46853.jpg

Dix
04-29-2019, 06:20 AM
The forum is certainly not as active as it used to be but I remember about 3 years ago when it would sometimes go 2 or 3 days without a post. So, its more active than it used to be.

jazzyj
04-30-2019, 09:46 AM
...My own personal opinion is that anonymous members stifle social interaction. It’s hard to devolop camaraderie with a USERNAME and an avatar.�� ...

I think it depends... I have made lots of friendships from DJF, that bled over into real friendships. I also had an illustrious, purely sexual fling with one member named, Manu... sigh... those were the days... :hump: :zany:

DJ Bobcat
04-30-2019, 10:05 AM
I think it depends... I have made lots of friendships from DJF, that bled over into real friendships. I also had an illustrious, purely sexual fling with one member named, Manu... sigh... those were the days... :hump: :zany:

I said it was “hard”, not impossible (to devolop a camaraderie with a username and avatar).😊

jazzyj
04-30-2019, 10:13 AM
I said it was “hard” ...

You said. hard. :zany:

Manu
04-30-2019, 10:59 AM
He wished he flew me over to Kentucky, just to double check that I am indeed an irreversible hetero.

light-o-matic
04-30-2019, 11:12 AM
Well.. 10+ years ago, I remember there being so many posts in a day that even if you checked in a couple times a day you could miss a bunch.
Now I can read 'em all with ease on my cellphone while taking a piss.

It's like 5% of what it used to be.

So yea, that's pretty dead.

DJ Bobcat
04-30-2019, 12:08 PM
... I am indeed an irreversible hetero.

ME TOO!!!...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190430/5c0c8cbf2accb90c2a0d3af23dac98f6.jpg

😄

pete
04-30-2019, 12:31 PM
Considering how much culture has changed, is it surprising?
How many clubs have closed?
How many forums have closed as people move to social media?
How has music taste changed and underground dance music been watered down by popular EDM?
This forum is older than gmail, facebook, youtube and myspace. Plus a load of other sites that have been forgotton by the internets.

It is only due to the admins that it lives on and provides a service to those who require it. Who knows where DJing is going to go in the next 17 years. It'll be interesting to see if we are still saying the forum has dropped in activity, then.

As for Manu, being French is basically the "bi-curious of europe". I mean his screenname even contains the word "Man". :P

:P:moon:

Jeff Romard
04-30-2019, 09:43 PM
ME TOO!!!...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190430/5c0c8cbf2accb90c2a0d3af23dac98f6.jpg

😄

This place needs a like button just for this post ;)

Manu
05-01-2019, 01:32 AM
This place needs a like button just for this post ;)

Press the star button at the bottom of any profile to rep...

As for Manu, being French is basically the "bi-curious of europe". I mean his screenname even contains the word "Man". :P

:P:moon:

It means "God". Now behave or,

http://i66.tinypic.com/16kc32d.jpg

jazzyj
05-01-2019, 10:55 AM
It means "God". Now behave or,

http://i66.tinypic.com/16kc32d.jpg

LoL. I tried to show love my Lord, but it says i must spread around the love more first lol apparently, I've given you too much :P

The Blackest
07-14-2020, 09:12 AM
Sad to see how dead this forum is now. If Blueprint is still around, I recently picked up Looking Back on Juno.

Manu
07-14-2020, 09:40 AM
The thread is old (2012), and the forum is still here.

Keep in mind this is the drum and bass section, and I don't see or hear many D&B heads around here. I'd say it's the D&B scene going back to the underground it came from.

The Blackest
07-14-2020, 10:17 AM
Yeah I know its old. Meant to say this sub forum. I see other parts of this forum is still alive and well. I just think back to the conversations we used to have here. Oh well.

Interior Outlines
09-23-2020, 08:09 AM
I couldn't disagree more, drum and bass is still huge - in Europe certainly, perhaps less so elsewhere.

There are now for the first time multiple festivals dedicated to drum and bass, Let it roll, Sun and Bass, Hospitality in the Park, Innovation in the sun / dam, to name a few. Also the large representation at festivals such as Boomtown and Outlook. Then you have events like Rampage, 15,000 young people in Antwerp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PwXNb5Bbbo

There are also still multiple weekly drum and bass nights in pretty much every major cities, with the biggest clubs and venues still being packed to the rafters by drum and bass dj's as they have been for the last 25 years.

The scene is very much alive and kicking, perhaps even more so now than ever.

7.5 million views on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhPjmI44y2Y

DannyPhilips
12-28-2020, 02:27 AM
This style needs a new round of development to attract new fans. It also needs more popularization.