PDA

View Full Version : What is your experience about ordering DJ Equipment from not in the country you are,

djkyle
02-12-2012, 12:18 PM
Please describe about ordering DJ Gear outside of the Country you live.

My experience with ordering DJ Equipment out of USA was different cause a little more expensive.

Please Stickie.

DJ Matt
02-12-2012, 12:41 PM
here in europe we have thomann in germany

super fast shipping
3 year warranty

german efficiency

what more can i say

one online store in the UK was very dissapointing,cant remember the name , but the website looked professional. they forgot my order twice and after three weeks they were telling me "oops we dont have that in stock". Idiots!

DJ store is a very good one in the UK though, again very quick shipping and their live online tech support is a huge plus.

the downsides to buying online is you cannot try the equipment before buying.
in one case i baught some cheap amps and speakers and when the amps failed one month out of warranty, it was not cost effective to send them back for repair.

manythings
02-12-2012, 02:15 PM
I find it's usually more expensive. Being in Canada and ordering stuff from US + abroad, I've noticed the more expensive/bigger/heavier/etc. the equipment you are buying the worse the customs and duties charges are. Sometimes the price will be great from the get go, but once it's all said and done it's about the same cost as if I were to buy it within the country.

Also is the issue with trying, warranties, etc. Unless an authorized retailer, you probably won't be able to garnish the insurance of a warranty.

Unknown DJ
02-12-2012, 03:09 PM
Have had problems with Americans not shipping to Canada. The funny thing is we are America`s biggest trading partner bigger than China. Onetime I wanted to order a high end printer from the states and they wanted to charge me $350 in shipping for a $450 printer. I was heavy around 40 pounds but $350 is ridiculous. Another think that gets me upset is when they offer free shipping in the US but charge full shipping to Canadians. I don`t expect it shipped for free but I do expect some discount because when you are shipping in the US it is costing you some money.

Tektonix
02-12-2012, 03:45 PM
Ordering from the US has been pleasent, i just dont like waiting :lol: I like imediate grattification thats all. The anticipation kills. However ordering from germany...not so great. My decks came broken but they took them back no problem and i got a full re-fund.

Rothgery
02-12-2012, 03:53 PM
Japan here, nice thing is theres a lot of places to go and buy dj equipment - don't have to order as much, especially in Shibuya. The shipping companies like UPS, main one is called ''Kuro Neko'' they deliver anything to anywhere just about anytime of day or night, if you are not home, they leave a slip of paper that you call back and they will come and deliver at your convenience, no matter what their route is. Makes it a breeze :tup:

Shepherd
02-18-2012, 08:01 PM
Not sure about equipment, but I order records from Juno.co.uk on a regular basis and have had no issues.

Raindance Rob
02-18-2012, 08:03 PM
one online store in the UK was very dissapointing,cant remember the name , but the website looked professional. they forgot my order twice and after three weeks they were telling me "oops we dont have that in stock". Idiots!

wasnt HTFR by any chance was it ? lol

Raindance Rob
02-18-2012, 08:07 PM
Not sure about equipment, but I order records from Juno.co.uk on a regular basis and have had no issues.

same here iv never brought DJ equipment from aboard however i have brought from http://www.vip-records.nl/shop/ & the records i ordered came next day which was quicker then some i ordered from the UK at the same time

TheFrenchWay
02-18-2012, 08:09 PM
I bought a pair of Stanton C.324s in 2008 from the UK. Hell of a deal even with the higher shipping and handling price. Everything was like indicated on the website.
I've bought a few things from the States too but it's not that foreign as I'm in Canada. :djchris: EDIT: Is that a crying beaver? Hahaha!

My experience was and still is positive I would say. It does recommends a little bit of research to make sure the business or person you are buying from does exist but it's worth it to save a few dollars in the end.

fueledbymusic
02-19-2012, 01:49 AM
Ive ordered some DJ lights from china before. No problems. Rarely have problems ordering anything, not just dj stuff, from overseas other than naturally longer delivery

Manu
02-19-2012, 02:13 AM
My experience, is a lack of experience. I would never buy gear that I cannot try right in front of me.

Lost Connection
02-19-2012, 02:35 AM
I have ordered from Juno and Thomann many times, never had any problems.

BrokenArr0w
02-19-2012, 03:22 AM
Only thing I've bought from overseas was Ableton Live online for the Education discount.. Obviously that was always going to be a safe purchase :) hehe

If I were to buy overseas Id make sure that the company has a good reputation and was big enough.

Ver Jaina
02-26-2012, 01:43 PM
Bought several Ebay items & vinyl records on a regular basis online, so far no problem.
nothing too expensive or deemed taxable as of yet.

but i'm tempting to buy vintage synths from Japan soon, still not sure if synth module is taxable though...

login
02-26-2012, 05:24 PM
I live in Mexioco city, here you can find Pioneer, denon, numark and vestax, some allen & heath, but not the latest models only the 92 and big mixing desks.

So I had ordered a Ecler Nuo 4.0 from Turntable Lab, it wasn't that expensive because at the time thay had a sale on that mixer, but I had to pay the local vat (165). They taked a little bit to ship, I suspect they didnt have it on stock, almost 3 weeks from ordered.

Also they didn't want to charge my credit card because of the amount, they requested to have a three person telephone conference (they, my bank and me), which my bank didn't wanted to do to confirm my personal info. So I ended making a transfer,

Also I ordered a Machinedrum from elektron sweden, I payed with a bank transfer, they shipped it the next day.