PDA

View Full Version : Rodec Scratchbox

roy rohypnol
02-12-2012, 05:40 AM
Has anyone tried one of these out as I'm thinking of purchasing one. I've always loved Rane gear but thinking about a change and buying the last mixer I will ever own so it has to be the right choice. I know there good for scratching but are they any good for just straight up mixing?? Is the sound quality as good as they're made out to be?

Many Thanks DJF

Chewns
02-12-2012, 08:12 PM
There is tons of threads on the Skratchworx forums about this mixer.

kenjaminho
02-13-2012, 02:56 AM
it is an AMAZING scratch mixer. the faders are perfect and fully adjustable. for extended mixing, however, it's not the best. the sliding EQ's aren't my preference, and the EQ's themselves are pretty weak. you can lower all 3 bands and music still comes in pretty loud. i personally like strong EQ's while i mix because i'm pretty aggressive with my mixing, and the scratchbox doesn't allow me to tweak the sound as much as i'd like to. for scratching though, i haven't used anything better. faders are better than rane's IMO

roy rohypnol
02-13-2012, 12:51 PM
good info guys, thanks.

rokuez
06-03-2012, 07:15 AM
it is an AMAZING scratch mixer. the faders are perfect and fully adjustable. for extended mixing, however, it's not the best. the sliding EQ's aren't my preference, and the EQ's themselves are pretty weak. you can lower all 3 bands and music still comes in pretty loud. i personally like strong EQ's while i mix because i'm pretty aggressive with my mixing, and the scratchbox doesn't allow me to tweak the sound as much as i'd like to. for scratching though, i haven't used anything better. faders are better than rane's IMO

does the ttm56 have this strong EQ u describe?

richard stringer
06-05-2012, 08:51 AM
I've got a Scratchbox, my favourite of all time was the Rane TTM56S until I bought my Scratchbox. The sound quality is absolutely excellent, probably the bets sound quality i've ever heard from a dj mixer, the headphone amplifier was a suprise, as good as they sound on mixers like Rane TTM56S the Scratchbox's is like, wo, how clear, clean and how much detail, brilliant. The EQ is excellent too, the crossfade is super light, the curve is the best i've ever used on any mixer, and in general it's the best mixer i've ever used and i've used more than 40 mixers since I started dj'ing, from Rane, Allen & Heath, Vestax, Pioneers, you name it. The Scratchbox is without a doubt worth ever penny.

punky
06-05-2012, 10:33 AM
does the ttm56 have this strong EQ u describe?

The TTM56 has a pretty great EQ - the same as my Empath, I believe.