PDA

View Full Version : OT: Fuk ye Canada

hoff
08-15-2012, 10:10 PM
3 of the top 5 most livable cities globally are Canadian, as per The Economist. I'd have to agree :)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2012/08/15/most-livable-cities-top-ten-economist.html

LeFresh
08-16-2012, 12:03 AM
Nice!

alazydj
08-16-2012, 12:28 AM
Take that FRANCE

Divercity
08-16-2012, 01:22 AM
Melbourne? Psssfffftttt

:zany:

CheekyDelinquent
08-16-2012, 02:20 AM
rofl had a feeling Calgary would be there...don't know why it would but it's nice here and all but...

Manu
08-16-2012, 05:50 AM
Take that FRANCE

Sounds like butthurt. Honestly you can have it ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuQK6t2Esng

Baller95
08-25-2012, 11:45 AM
Toronto ftw!

contra
08-26-2012, 10:51 PM
Good work canada!!

DJNR
08-27-2012, 01:25 AM
Congratulations Canada! :tup:

Sean
08-27-2012, 08:33 AM
I don't know what Toronto is doing on that list. My parents live there and I'm there about twice a month. Toronto suffers from an awful city design with horrendous traffic and an even worse public transit system that repeatedly breaks down!

Nick Bike
08-27-2012, 09:21 AM
sup vancouver

bmorr
09-03-2012, 09:58 AM
I don't know what Toronto is doing on that list. My parents live there and I'm there about twice a month. Toronto suffers from an awful city design with horrendous traffic and an even worse public transit system that repeatedly breaks down!

Well maybe the subway system doesn't have as many lines as the Montreal metro, but it does cover a larger distance and you can go practically ANYWHERE in Toronto by bus, and most lines are 24hrs around the clock service. I've been to Montreal and i've often had to wait longer for a subway to arrive in Montreal than for a bus to arrive on a normal arterial street in Toronto. In fact Montreal has the largest car usage of any major Canadian city....

I'll agree that the traffic is pretty bad, but that's only one part of what makes a city livable. The city itself has numerous social programs and services for its citizens that make it quite a nice place to live. Especially considering it has the lowest property taxes out of any municipality in the Greater Toronto Area.

Sean
09-03-2012, 10:56 AM
Well maybe the subway system doesn't have as many lines as the Montreal metro, but it does cover a larger distance and you can go practically ANYWHERE in Toronto by bus, and most lines are 24hrs around the clock service. I've been to Montreal and i've often had to wait longer for a subway to arrive in Montreal than for a bus to arrive on a normal arterial street in Toronto. In fact Montreal has the largest car usage of any major Canadian city....

My sister who takes the subway to work everyday says it breaks at least once but usually twice a week. Montreal's subway is relatively reliable. And we have very low traffic tbh, the rushhour is super short compared to Toronto.

I'll agree that the traffic is pretty bad, but that's only one part of what makes a city livable. The city itself has numerous social programs and services for its citizens that make it quite a nice place to live. Especially considering it has the lowest property taxes out of any municipality in the Greater Toronto Area.

This I didn't know about the taxes. Cool.

You do have a batshit crazy mayor though.