PDA

View Full Version : What type of Dj(table) do you use or recommend?

den1213
08-14-2012, 03:04 PM
I've seen dj's use anything from the basic Walmart white fold up picnic table to more complex DJ setups.
What do you use?

Jason Cerna
08-14-2012, 03:26 PM
for one-off parties i use the rubbermaid folding tables from lowes. other than that, i use the tables at the venues i play at.

MouseAT
08-14-2012, 04:21 PM
Is this for home use, mobile gigs or both? What works for one doesn't always work for all.

den1213
08-14-2012, 07:41 PM
Is this for home use, mobile gigs or both? What works for one doesn't always work for all.

My apology guys for the lack of details. This table would be ideal for a mobile setup; weddings, holiday parties, or mall events etc.

Do most agree, that you don't need anything special. Perhaps something that is sturdy and non-wobblely?

Jason Cerna
08-14-2012, 10:38 PM
a heavy folding table would suit your needs. doesn't matter what it looks like since you'll be covering it anyway.

DJblaze
08-17-2012, 05:25 PM
I use a folding Samsonite Rubber 5ft table from Lowes for all my mobile gigs and my lab has all cool-looking IKEA tables for each setup... You can even make your own tables at IKEA with different colors, sizes, legs, shelves, etc...

DJ-Fades
12-20-2012, 07:55 AM
For at home and smaller gigs i use a aluminum keyboard X-stand from GC. It is suprisingly sturdy and very portable

den1213
12-20-2012, 09:20 AM
---->Forgot to follow up guyz. I ended up purchasing a few months back the Lifetime 6ft adjustable table from Amazon for 99.99/with free shipping. It is very well made, the perfect size, light weight, and sturdy. It has worked out GREAT,(3 gigs in) especially the adjustable legs. I'm 6ft tall and the height of the table with the adjusted legs is great. I also purchased a Black 6ft Scrim King table cover that fits great at either height. For a quick set-up and professional clean look, I highly recommend the combination of the Lifetime adjustable table and the Scrim-King table cover.

Thanx for all the suggestions!
DJ 6Sixx