PDA

View Full Version : New lad

JamesBeatie
08-12-2012, 01:36 PM
New lad in the industry don't even know where I can get all the stuff though worked out on tools like FLS and Adobe Auditions not more of a physical tune maker but have tried lots of stuff, I wish someone can get guide me a perfect mixture of stuff for example what to start with. Gracias

M!TCH
08-12-2012, 01:50 PM
It depends on what you want to do. Do you want to mix or do you want to produce? Do you have a budget?

Laddybuck
08-22-2012, 04:28 PM
New lad in the industry don't even know where I can get all the stuff though worked out on tools like FLS and Adobe Auditions not more of a physical tune maker but have tried lots of stuff, I wish someone can get guide me a perfect mixture of stuff for example what to start with. Gracias

Hello Lad,

First of all, download Virtual DJ. This is the easiest mixing software to use, a good foundation to a experimental career. Mix using your mouse and this software, and see if you can get any response on SoundCloud. If there is and you really enjoy it, buy a Numark Mixtrack. This controller is easy to use and relatively cheap. If theres anymore questions, let me know!

Thanks,
Laddybuck

jgatsby
08-22-2012, 08:06 PM
Hello Lad,

First of all, download Virtual DJ. This is the easiest mixing software to use, a good foundation to a experimental career. Mix using your mouse and this software, and see if you can get any response on SoundCloud. If there is and you really enjoy it, buy a Numark Mixtrack. This controller is easy to use and relatively cheap. If theres anymore questions, let me know!

Thanks,
Laddybuck

Don't think that what's outlined above is the only way to go (No offense Laddybuck, I think your advice is decent and well intentioned, BUT:). I would actually encourage you to experiment with a few different pieces of software before you settle on one. Virtual DJ is a very easy choice and to get started quickly, definitely give that a look and play around, but in your spare time spend a little effort learning Traktor or Ableton or Serato or another software with a bigger learning curve- keep your options open and play around before choosing "your software". Also, don't be discouraged if you don't get a lot of response on Soundcloud at first. Stay active in communities of beginner DJs like this forum or r/beatmatch on Reddit, get feedback, keep working on your skills, and promoting yourself. I would have to agree though- don't buy any controllers until you've been practicing and are sure this is the way to go.

Best of luck!
- J.

varini.1000
08-22-2012, 11:35 PM
Read Sigma's nOObs guide;) That should point you in the right direction.

KLH
08-23-2012, 08:02 AM
Read Sigma's nOObs guide (http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?646-Sigma-s-n00bs-guide-to-DJing-right);) That should point you in the right direction.
+1

Rep to everyone. Good luck, OP!

-KLH