PDA

View Full Version : TT Users: How long do your styluses last you?

DJArmani
08-11-2012, 12:26 AM
I've already gone through 2 pairs on my m44-7's since January and i had to buy 2 for my right turntable (the one I scratch on). The needle quit out on me after i was trying to clean it & mistakenly moved it. I saved it for a few more days even used it for a party, worked just fine. I take a week off of DJing, and the needle just quits out tonight. It's 40$ a pop and I've already spent about 200$ alone on the stylus part of the needle. Is this normal? How long do they last you? I used to put alot of pressure on the record when I first started scratching which explains the first few needles, but I feel this shit is getting annoying!

TheRabbitMonk
08-31-2012, 08:07 PM
i went through the same ordeal but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. i rarely have to change my stylus. if your scratching is up to the mark now your needles will last. another tip if you don't use them for any length of time take them off.
the last one i had to replace was on my right deck and it was due to me getting a cdj 1000 and not using it for a few months.
another thing it could be you could have to much weight on the stylus which will make it wear out quicker. you should be better now so your action should be smoother.
it's an expensive game the dj game

Jason Cerna
09-03-2012, 02:43 PM
how much tracking force are you putting on the stylus? if your counterweight is cranked all the way down, you are wrong.

even with heavy scratching, you should get around 100-200 hours out of the stylus. and that's with weekly practice and constant gigs.

for normal playing and mixing any stylus for djing should last 500+ hours.