PDA

View Full Version : What are your opinions on the Chauvet Intimidator Spot LED 150?

den1213
08-10-2012, 10:48 PM
I'm thinking about doing a set-up similar, yet smaller to maybe this. . . .

http://youtu.be/lrh_pJWeWdo

4-Chauvet Intimidator Spot LED 150's
2-Chauvet Intimadator Spot LED 350's

Not sure how I'm going to arrange this group of lights, but I certainly don't want to use the GAUDY looking portable overhead truss systems::freak:. I want my light show to appear clean, neat and tasteful.

Any opinions, or suggestions?

JPelli73
08-11-2012, 09:27 AM
That's a lot of heavy lights. If you didn't want to use a truss the killer setup would be multiple totems (vertical poles) at different heights, placed throughout the room so the beams came from all different angles. That would be a horrendously expensive and time consuming setup, but it would look fantastic!

Pelli

BillESC
08-11-2012, 12:42 PM
A very nice look could be accomplished with just two totems with the 350's on the top and the 150's down two feet mounted on side arms...

Much less expensive and an easy wire grouping.

GaFFLe
08-11-2012, 12:48 PM
I'm thinking about doing a set-up similar, yet smaller to maybe this. . . .

http://youtu.be/lrh_pJWeWdo

4-Chauvet Intimidator Spot LED 150's
2-Chauvet Intimadator Spot LED 350's

Not sure how I'm going to arrange this group of lights, but I certainly don't want to use the GAUDY looking portable overhead truss systems::freak:. I want my light show to appear clean, neat and tasteful.

Any opinions, or suggestions?
Since when have overhead trusses been considered "gaudy"? I've seen some ugly setups with low-end ladder-type trussing but the typical box-truss setups seem nice as do box totem truss setups.

In my opinion, the Intimidator 150 is a decent light. They're pretty basic though in comparison to the 350 LED and I would consider 6 movers on totems as setup overkill. I hope you're recouping the ROI on all the extra time required for such a setup.

den1213
08-11-2012, 02:55 PM
Maybe I'm being a bit unfair about the 'overhead' truss systems. However, I've seen a few set-ups with an array of different lights and it just looks gaudy which overwhelms, and cheapens the stage presence, sort of speak, particularly if you're not in a wide open space. I want a club style visual atmosphere in a Mobil set-up.

I wondered about sitting the 350s on the grown(or some type of low pedestal), one on each side of my DJ stage(table), and perhaps the 4 150's, 2 on each side at a wider angle, or perhaps in back of the DJ stage. So far these are sketchy plans, but I do like the two lights the 150 and the 350.

Feel free to critique or leave comments, my soon to be light show is a work in progress:eek:

Synaxis
08-11-2012, 10:35 PM
Maybe I'm being a bit unfair about the 'overhead' truss systems. However, I've seen a few set-ups with an array of different lights and it just looks gaudy which overwhelms, and cheapens the stage presence, sort of speak, particularly if you're not in a wide open space. I want a club style visual atmosphere in a Mobil set-up.

I wondered about sitting the 350s on the grown(or some type of low pedestal), one on each side of my DJ stage(table), and perhaps the 4 150's, 2 on each side at a wider angle, or perhaps in back of the DJ stage. So far these are sketchy plans, but I do like the two lights the 150 and the 350.

Feel free to critique or leave comments, my soon to be light show is a work in progress:eek:

Why exactly are you considering mixing the 150s with the 350s? Why not just get six 350s? The 350 is three times as bright as the 150, which may be noticeable, especially at a distance.

I think your limiting yourself a bit too greater possibilities by going with some lower end moving heads, and the 350s do have a number of features the 150s lack.

I would also prefer to have the "better" lights higher above, and not low to the floor being blocked by potential dancers.

Global Truss totems with some uplights would look nice, or perhaps a "goal post" type system where you can mount 4 moving heads on top, and hang two from the bottom.