PDA

View Full Version : Dicers built into the mixer housing, anyone seen or done it?

Alpine_Ent
08-07-2012, 03:05 PM
so many of us has seen the dicers built in the 1200s and it is so epic. I am going from 1200s to CDJ 900s in near future and the dicers just don't fit the CDJs as nicely as they do on 1200s. I was wondering if anyone has thought about, or done something like midi integration into their mixer, like taking the dicers apart and putting them into the mixer. I have the ttm56s and it seems like the dicers are just a tiny bit too big, the smallest bit!! and could get in the way of using the crossfader/scratching if i mounted them on there. I think novation should release dicers that will be able to mount on a mixer, have smaller buttons and just make it rectangular vs the shape they are now for the decks.
But until then, what are your thoughts?

I am most likely upgrading to sixty one and cdj 900s from 1200s and ttm56s and SL1.

VjQue
08-08-2012, 11:07 AM
Rane 62 or 57 mixer upgrade. Problem solved.

Will MaXimal
08-08-2012, 11:10 AM
I would never chop up a mixer to install something like the dicers in it, do you have any flight cases or anything like that you could mount them to?

djlotus
08-08-2012, 11:18 AM
You could take the concept of Dicers and make a smaller footprint version and build that into a mixer. Flirted with the idea for my 56.

Sam Whitman
08-08-2012, 03:45 PM
HAHA I convinced you :) I am doing research on an alternative buddy I'll facebook it to you once I have it figured out.

Dj Pudgey
08-09-2012, 01:23 PM
Dj Henry Customs does them. http://www.djhenraycustoms.com/Current_Projects.php

djransom
08-27-2012, 11:24 AM
Rane 62 or 57 mixer upgrade. Problem solved.

One of these shall be my mixer in the near future.

Dave Daschofsky
08-29-2012, 03:04 AM
I just use a ddm4000

jdtheishman
08-30-2012, 08:42 PM
I just use a ddm4000

What do you do with the ddm4000 as it relates to this post? Just curious as I have one as well.

DJNR
08-30-2012, 08:46 PM
What do you do with the ddm4000 as it relates to this post? Just curious as I have one as well.

MIDI mapping maybe? I know that mixer has a ton of buttons.

jdtheishman
08-30-2012, 08:56 PM
This is true. A whole lotta buttons. I never thought to map cue points. I just bought a set of dicers yesterday to effect my turntable transitions easier.

DJ Knowledge
09-07-2012, 07:37 PM
If the dicers were small and rectangular with an adhesive backing that would be great! If all the push-buttons on the dicer were as small as the smallest push-button that would also be great!

Alpine_Ent
10-15-2012, 09:21 AM
If the dicers were small and rectangular with an adhesive backing that would be great! If all the push-buttons on the dicer were as small as the smallest push-button that would also be great!

exactly i dont understand how there still is no real nice and compact controller. the dicers with smaller buttons in rectangular shape would be so much easier to mount somewhere on the mixer. I still havent figured out a good way to mount the dicers besides on the left corner of the CDJ 900 displace and let it hang off. used 3m tape and its rock solid, although it is right by the loops it is not a optimal spot.

Nicadraus
10-15-2012, 10:51 AM

If the Dicer had a smaller blue print and buttons, then I wouldn't get them. The reason why they have bigger cue point buttons is for (obviously), better stuttering. I have an X1 but the buttons for the cue points are too small and I can't do fast stuttering on them using my index and middle fingers alternately. Also the Dicer was designed to be used primarily for the Technics turntables and not just as an ordinary tabletop MIDI controller.

djlotus
10-29-2012, 08:34 PM
With a midi-brain and momentary contact buttons of any size, anything is possible. Working on a design for smaller dicer-type layout in another set of Techs I am working on.