PDA

View Full Version : A third turntable

nabjab
08-06-2012, 03:02 PM
My setup right now consists of two technic 1200 MK2s and a denon DNX120. I've been learning the basics for about a month now. I love my setup and wouldn't change a thing about it (well until a higher end denon). I have a TON to learn, and my mind is trying to wrap its self around a couple thoughts. The one that pertains to this section of the forum;

The scenerio: playing "what is love" acapella :lol: and wanting to juggle my own instrumentals behind the lyrics.

My Thoughts:

I would need an additional turntable to play the acapella, and it would simply play the lyrics from beginning to end. I would juggle with the two I have now.

Use a 3 or 4 channel mixers and let one channel play through to the amp, and have the crossfader control the other two. (is that even possible?). OR use a 2 channel DJ mixer and another 'simpler' mixer to blend them into the turntable with the acapella?

Remember this is all using vinyl. I would have one record with the acapella and then two records of the instruments (from a different song) to juggle.

Thanks

noize_unit
08-06-2012, 04:50 PM
you would just need a 3 or 4 ch mixer keep the xfdr in the middle acapella ch fader up and then juggle with the other 2 upfaders

djpenguin
08-06-2012, 08:24 PM
Most four channel mixers allow you to assign each channel to either side of the crossfader or direct to master. Any mixer with that feature would allow you to do what you want to do.

noize_unit
08-06-2012, 09:39 PM
Most four channel mixers allow you to assign each channel to either side of the crossfader or direct to master. Any mixer with that feature would allow you to do what you want to do.

or that ^ :P

nabjab
08-06-2012, 09:57 PM
:tup:

thought it might be something that easy.

Thanks!

Estacy
08-07-2012, 05:15 AM
the Ecler Nuo 3 or 3.0 sounds perfect for you. not too expensive, but of high quality, 3 channels, all assignable to whatever side of the crossfader you want, good stock crossfader which is easily replaced with an Eternal or innofader, and it has enough in and outputs for you

bobbyd
08-07-2012, 02:23 PM
Nuo 3 allows you to assign each channel to either of the 2 sides of the crossfader, or to the main mix. It also has scratch based faders - they are shorter, and the cross fader and channels 1&3 have fader adjustments.

If you are interested in a very lightly used Nuo 3 - I have one that i am willing to part with. Send me a PM…