PDA

View Full Version : Djing abroad TIPS...?

DJ_OC
08-02-2012, 10:34 PM
Hi all, been Djing for around 1.5 years now and have finally landed myself a few trials in greece Djing.

REQUIREMENTS:
- I MUST be able to use the mic
- I should be diverse in my music genre
- Desirably i should be able to play drinking games with the crowd

This is a huge leap for me and im worried that I will not be using the mic enough to hype the crowd. Obviously I will be having a few drinks to loosen me up a little but i want to plan/practice as much as possible so i turn up and deliver the best set every night, as i will be working every single night!

I may be going a little out my depth/confidence but i would definitely like to try a game with people on my first night. Obviously holiday bars have a completely different vibe, basically anything goes! So whether it be getting the crowd to do something for a prize or having them do stupid things to keep their interest and keep them in the bar longer (as we all know this is the main purpose of my job)

So my main questions are, what should I be saying on the mic (generally) and what kind of games should i try? And finally any tips on using the mic to avoid distortion or feedback....

This is aimed at people who have Dj'ed in holiday desitnations.. I start next week.. :o Thanks!

ben mills
08-02-2012, 10:52 PM
If you can get the girls to take their shirts off, you're doing the right thing.

TheRabbitMonk
08-03-2012, 08:16 AM
mate don't worry! have the music bit taken care off. providing you can turn round and drop a track at will. the rest of the stuff will fall into place inless your a shy person.
I have a mate who owns a bar over there in Kos who offered me a simalar deal.
i had an issue with playing top 40 music and i lived alone back then, didn't know what i could do with my stuff.

good luck mate hope it goes well. but like i said get tunes in order. you'll pick up games and stuff as you go along..

JackStalk
08-03-2012, 12:21 PM
As far as distorion on the mic, I usually keep the gain down on the mixer and don't speak with the microphone near the monitors. I tend to put my mouth as close to it as possible and almost yell into it at times since the gain is low. Works 5 nights a week for me :D