PDA

View Full Version : Vestax PMC 25 repair

Jdaddy
08-02-2012, 01:10 AM
I pulled my old PMC 25 out of storage the other day and was hoping to fix it up and install the rotary volume knobs. My problem is that the bass pots have a little distortion when turned, the gain pot on the left channel distorts when turned (may need to replace it), and the left channel only sends out a signal for the right (no sound comes out of my left speakers). Any ideas about the bass pots, and unbalanced sound? Also if anyone knows where I can find replacement pots that would be swell. Thanks in advance.

Jdaddy
08-02-2012, 01:11 AM
P.S.
I have already sprayed some lubricant into the pots but am still receiving static/distortion.

djpenguin
08-02-2012, 10:29 AM
The pots can likely be fixed by desoldering them from the PCB and soaking them in DeOxit D5 for 24 hours. It's highly unlikely you will be able to find direct replacement parts.

The loss of one of the two stereo channels could be happening anywhere in the signal path, you'll have to send a test tone through the mixer and trace the whole signal path with a multimeter to figure out where you're losing the signal.

Jdaddy
08-02-2012, 11:27 PM
Thanks a lot! Any suggestions as to what kind of multimeter I should pick up? Will a 20 dollar one do the trick?