PDA

View Full Version : efx 500 echo effect gets stuck

fishboy
08-01-2012, 12:31 AM
my echo effect gets stuck when i toggle the switch up or down. all other effects work perfect, it's just the echo that is experiencing issues. i don't know what to do. any ideas on how to fix it?

the echo literally gets stuck and when i toggle the switch back to off it keeps echoing until i press another effect button. if i hit 1/4, 1/2, 1/1, 2/1 you can hear the echo effects one on top of the other and it won't stop unless i hit another effects button. any ideas would be a great help. i have turned it off, unplugged it, left it unhooked for days and it still does it.

thanks in advance

Buszaj
08-01-2012, 09:08 AM
Hmmm, I haven't used the EFX 500 personally. But, my guess would be a sticky switch underneath the button or toggle (the doo-hicky that is soldered to the PCB). If you have experience soldering and tinkering with electronics, I'd open it up, and have a look at the soldered switches. See if they feel funny. Next step would be to get a new one and solder it (they're inexpensive).

I'm going on all this assuming that the buttons work the same way as on CDJs, with switches. I've repaired crappy switches on my CDJs like this before.