PDA

View Full Version : had a great gig until!!!

Ignotus
02-11-2012, 04:22 AM
Had a fantastic gig, got an offer for a residency and everything...

But on to the fail part, end of the night I announced "thank you for a great night Denver!!!"...

Cool yah? Cept for I was in a dif city, called colorado springs, they all gotta chuckle, but im curious, anyone else ever called out the wrong city? Lol

Unknown DJ
02-11-2012, 05:04 AM
Had a great night tonight until a fight broke out.

DeadPhr0g
02-11-2012, 05:09 AM
I don't talk when I DJ. Unless the chic is just too hot.

Hygro
02-11-2012, 06:05 AM
Man, I wish I played in enough cities to make that mistake in the first place.

Lost Connection
02-11-2012, 07:45 AM
Not too bad of a mistake, never happened to me though :D Cos I've only played in a few cities :D Mostly in Tampere :tup:

Ellissentials
02-11-2012, 07:49 AM

^^ This

Badger
02-11-2012, 08:07 AM
...anyone else ever called out the wrong city? Lol

Luckily, I don't think I ever have.

Many, many years ago, though, I did have a friend of mine ask to dedicate a song to his girlfriend... and then when I got on the mic, I blanked out and called her by the wrong name.

Her name was "Gwen," and I said "Dawn." I got most of the letters right. :D

Not quite the same issue... but similar. Congratulations on the (otherwise) great gig, though.

:badger:

MeowMix
02-11-2012, 12:39 PM
anyone else ever called out the wrong city? Lol

nope, only the wrong girl.

Dave Daschofsky
02-13-2012, 11:03 AM
Luckily, I don't think I ever have.

Many, many years ago, though, I did have a friend of mine ask to dedicate a song to his girlfriend... and then when I got on the mic, I blanked out and called her by the wrong name.

Her name was "Gwen," and I said "Dawn." I got most of the letters right. :D

Not quite the same issue... but similar. Congratulations on the (otherwise) great gig, though.

:badger:

I've called strippers by the wrong name at least a hundred times, they only get really mad when you call them by the name of a girl they hate though.

Philhouse
02-13-2012, 11:28 AM
Goodnight Springton! There will be no encores!

KLH
10-25-2013, 03:28 PM
+1

Sigh.

-KLH

thehadgi
10-25-2013, 04:26 PM
nope, only the wrong girl.

Lol. Came close a couple times myself :P

TCMuc
10-25-2013, 04:43 PM
That's why you're supposed to stay silent as a DJ.... ;)

allensmusic
10-25-2013, 05:42 PM
That is why you have to use pet names like "biach"

Tektonix
10-27-2013, 12:27 AM
Sadly i do this all the time :( Most of our cities here are next right to one another and flow between each other so i'm constantly finding myself referring to everywhere as Toronto as apposed to Mississauga, Hamilton, Barrie, Vaughn and a few other places iv'e managed to fuck up. Hamilton was the only one that got offended :lol: I suppose its because Toronto thinks of Hamilton as our ghetto ratchet pregnant 15 year old neighbor named LaQueefaIGottaBigBootyAndImSingleWilliams :D Yep... Nowhere else seemed to mind so much.

LALaw
10-28-2013, 05:20 PM
They're all T.O. to me bro

den1213
10-28-2013, 06:54 PM
Sadly i do this all the time :( Most of our cities here are next right to one another and flow between each other so i'm constantly finding myself referring to everywhere as Toronto as apposed to Mississauga, Hamilton, Barrie, Vaughn and a few other places iv'e managed to fuck up. Hamilton was the only one that got offended :lol: I suppose its because Toronto thinks of Hamilton as our ghetto ratchet pregnant 15 year old neighbor named LaQueefaIGottaBigBootyAndImSingleWilliams :D Yep... Nowhere else seemed to mind so much.

Hey, I know this is off the subject BUT I must say, one of the BEST house-music parties I have EVER attended was in Missassauga, OT (pre 9-1-1) back in the 90's, that's about a quick 1hour and some change from Detroit! We use to run up to Toronto all the time, and stop off in Missassauga. The spot was a little whole in the hall,(can't remember the name), but man the DJ in that spot was rocking Gino Soccicio in the mix all night. Also, their was a radio station out of Missassauga back in the 90's that use to jam house music all night! Good Memories, Toronto is a great City!

Finnish_Fox
10-30-2013, 10:07 AM
Her name was "Gwen," and I said "Dawn." I got most of the letters right.

Well, 50%.

DjBlanco
10-30-2013, 10:40 AM
i always shout stay classy san diego

DJ_GQ
10-31-2013, 07:27 AM
I don't talk when I DJ. Unless the chic is just too hot.

lol....this