PDA

View Full Version : Battle Voting Tribal House Battle 2.0: DennisBdrmDJ vs Rek Aviles

Rek_Aviles
07-27-2012, 10:35 PM
FILE 1 (http://djfbattles.com/battles/dennisbdmdj-vs-rekaviles_1.mp3)

FILE 2 (http://djfbattles.com/battles/dennisbdmdj-vs-rekaviles_2.mp3)

RULES:
Tribal House Only.Sorry,.No House,No techno,No Tech....old material,or tribal classics, are fine,..fresh and new material perferred.
all media allowed.whatever gets you to submit a completed mix
50 minutes max.
you will be judged on transition,and selections.

**Displays all users who voted, and what choice they voted for.**

Hausgeist
07-31-2012, 12:28 AM
I am voting for Mix 2.

Mix 1 was just okay. I was familiar with a lot of the tracks. The mixing was decent enough (except that bobble at 31:00 or thereabouts), but there wasn't enough of it. Tribal really lends itself to long blends, imo, and I just wasn't hearing it. The energy level was pretty low and on the whole the mix didn't really "go anywhere".

Mix 2 also had nice track selection. However it also had nice long blends and tasty use of effects. Overall, it was a far more interesting mix. Nice one. :tup:

Rep to both djs.

Synergy
07-31-2012, 02:04 AM
mix one, vinyl nice. i miss that. starts out okay, intros on tribal are long, its okay we will see how this starts. i hope this mix takes me deeeeeeeeep i like the start. i feel like there should be more bass here.....5 min in. maybe its my headphones, im switching to my xones. okay, levels are a little off, highs are hiiiigh bass is missing. okay def deep in the track and no bass. 7:11 new track coming in, here we go. hear the bass straight away, fast fade out of the other track, should have kept it going! smooth transition just too fast for tribal! ride that shit! nice track though. 13:58 hear the mix, it was before that but i hear it there, good ride, gets a lllliiittle off but its fixed, good! should have mixed sooner, wish u had those long rides. tracks sound really good when u have a 2 min mix! nice tribally track though the panning of those pads are nice. good track, old, love it! next mix incoming sounds good. highs come in a little high. good mix. next mix, 26 min in hear it, good mix, ride it out!! still a good transition. solid track selection so far. next mix in, hear the mids before the highs, letting it get away but u fix it. too fast of a fade my man, too fast.

transitions are good, mix is a little lacking in technicality. track selection is good, i liked the female vocals. the energy was kind of down. the mix really went no where, i was hoping for a journey and AT LEAST afrika! lol. good mix though.

mix 2
interesting intro. right into the drums....nice. interesting first song. tribal to begin and then its trancy? led zep remix, nice. first track is lonnnnngg its good though, the bass is there. like! hear the mix comin in, little fast, its okay the levels are great! love this long mix. man that BAAAAABY from the zep and the bass drum are good. ended good, nice transition, longer mix there. this track is good so far, energy is up from the last track for sure. second mix is good, hear it coming in 13:00 in..nice. good transition, smooooooooth. bass is gooooood. your levels are on point. long track, hear the crickets coming back must be time for the mix soon. there it is! good use of filters? nice. good transition. short but good. nice mix. very well done. crickets here too...nice. 19 min in. 21:30is new mix...sounds good. nice effect to transition but we have already used that sweep to do a mix too. but it really worked here hm? energy is up again, nice! did u key this? god damn kosheen remix, not fair. not FAIR. bouncy and love it!! energy is uppp! nice journey. filtering the shit out of this track. hear the mix 30 min in or so, those whistles were hot. nice mix. good ride, bass and key worked. was that a cut at 34 and some change? this mix is on point! filtered it out but it works, id love to see some other transition. 38 another mix, hear it but the bass is good, nice. 45ish thats it....gonna ride it out. good mix. energy dropped at the end. but overall it was a great mix, good energy.

my vote is for mix 2! good job to both entries! mix 2 has it on technical mixing, selection, blending! mixing was on purnt!

congrats 2!

Ness
07-31-2012, 07:27 AM
50 minutes o_o hot diggity damn

Rek_Aviles
07-31-2012, 11:40 AM
50 minutes o_o hot diggity damn

I know.. big amount of time to invest in a battle. We'd appreciate if you took the time though. :tup:

Rek_Aviles
07-31-2012, 11:41 AM
Thanks guys for taking the time to leave detailed comments. Much appreciated.

+Rep to all how vote and leave comment.

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
07-31-2012, 07:08 PM
Thanks guys for taking the time to leave detailed comments. Much appreciated.

+Rep to all how vote and leave comment.Ditto..Very much appreciated,Thanks guys!! +reps.:tup:

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
08-06-2012, 03:23 AM
my congratulations go out to Rek_Aviles.on his participation,and on his Tribal Battle Win.:tup:....give me a few months,and I will gladly battle you again.it was fun.

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
08-06-2012, 03:55 AM
mix one, vinyl nice. i miss that. starts out okay, intros on tribal are long, its okay we will see how this starts. i hope this mix takes me deeeeeeeeep i like the start. i feel like there should be more bass here.....5 min in. maybe its my headphones, im switching to my xones. okay, levels are a little off, highs are hiiiigh bass is missing. okay def deep in the track and no bass. 7:11 new track coming in, here we go. hear the bass straight away, fast fade out of the other track, should have kept it going! smooth transition just too fast for tribal! ride that shit! nice track though. 13:58 hear the mix, it was before that but i hear it there, good ride, gets a lllliiittle off but its fixed, good! should have mixed sooner, wish u had those long rides. tracks sound really good when u have a 2 min mix! nice tribally track though the panning of those pads are nice. good track, old, love it! next mix incoming sounds good. highs come in a little high. good mix. next mix, 26 min in hear it, good mix, ride it out!! still a good transition. solid track selection so far. next mix in, hear the mids before the highs, letting it get away but u fix it. too fast of a fade my man, too fast.

transitions are good, mix is a little lacking in technicality. track selection is good, i liked the female vocals. the energy was kind of down. the mix really went no where, i was hoping for a journey and AT LEAST afrika! lol. good mix though.

Thanks for voting,.loved the commentary.it was my first attempt, with Serato,and one turntable.and as I said earlier in another thread.I havn't mixed in months,or recorded in two years.thanks for pointing out my problems with my highs,and lows.it seem that there is a flat response to my entire room,and sound system.I'm in the middle of correcting this, by adding a parametic EQ.hopefully next time,I can take you on a journey(that was funny).this time around I was trying(unsucessfully) to send a message.judge by the titles of my track selections~This why,your'e here/My trip to fantasy/I am ready(re-mix)/Tribal groove/Been a long time(re-mix)/El ritmo(rhythm)/Let me paint your mind~Synergy,Thanks again! :tup:

Rek_Aviles
08-07-2012, 10:06 AM
Thnx Dennis. Can't say I had fun making my set, with the issues I had but this got me to shake things up and record something. Not even sure when was the last time I recorded something.

Rek_Aviles
08-07-2012, 10:09 AM
did u key this?

I don't use key info, but I put time into programming a set, so i'll take that as a compliment. Thanks. :tup:

Synergy
08-07-2012, 05:32 PM
Thanks for voting,.loved the commentary.it was my first attempt, with Serato,and one turntable.and as I said earlier in another thread.I havn't mixed in months,or recorded in two years.thanks for pointing out my problems with my highs,and lows.it seem that there is a flat response to my entire room,and sound system.I'm in the middle of correcting this, by adding a parametic EQ.hopefully next time,I can take you on a journey(that was funny).this time around I was trying(unsucessfully) to send a message.judge by the titles of my track selections~This why,your'e here/My trip to fantasy/I am ready(re-mix)/Tribal groove/Been a long time(re-mix)/El ritmo(rhythm)/Let me paint your mind~Synergy,Thanks again! :tup:

nice mix though man, it was quality, your mixes were tight just short :) good mix.

Hausgeist
08-08-2012, 12:32 AM
Thnx Dennis. Can't say I had fun making my set, with the issues I had but this got me to shake things up and record something. Not even sure when was the last time I recorded something.

Uh, how about our collab in May?

Rek_Aviles
08-08-2012, 08:30 AM
Uh, how about our collab in May?

Oh yah. How soon we forget. :lol:

Now that you reminded me, I had some serious issues getting that recorded also. No more recording from me until I get a new setup.

mantis
08-11-2012, 09:34 PM
hi guys sorry for missing this one. both taking part and voting. Changed cities and traveled back home for some official stuff. didnt have a pc or internet for a while apart from using my phone.

any chance on getting a track list from you two guys both? or at least some artist names. a few good tracks there that i didnt recognize.

Rek_Aviles
08-13-2012, 11:54 AM
Sure thing Mantis.. I'll post when I get a chance.

mantis
08-13-2012, 07:38 PM
thanks. In the process of moving, my pc (which i use to record) got damaged. Printer and monitor are both broken and windows doesnt want to start up. Moving company doesnt take responsibility for it. It sucks, as Im still without my pc. Least I have my laptop

Mark_Spit
08-18-2012, 11:55 PM
I'm waaaayyy late to the party, but I just finished listening to the 2nd mix and even if it doesn't count, I have to say I prefer mix #1 over #2. I'm just not fond of mash-ups so the Zepplin mix didn't really do it for me. I also liked the track selection better in #1 even if it was by just a hair.
Great effort either way! :tup:

P.S. track list would be nice; there are some bangers in there!

Rek_Aviles
08-22-2012, 12:57 PM
forgot to post this up....
__________________________________________________ _

Track list:

PQM Project- Babe Im Gonna Leave You (PQMs Deephead Pass)

DJ Sneak - Special K (Shlomi Aber Remix)

Richie Santana - Jungle Noise (Original Mix)

Mark Brown & Juan Kidd - Burning (Peter Bailey & Richie Santana Mindxontrol Mix & Dub)

Roger Shah & Sian Kosheen - Hide U (Jerome Robins Vocal Mix)

Angel Pina & Juanfra Munoz - Sambodromo (Luis Pitti Remix)

Cyberx, Hellmigthy Machinery - Back 2 Da Old Days (Paul Rodner Remix) [Ypslon Rec]

Mario Ochoa, DJ Fist - Showtime (Original_Mix)