PDA

View Full Version : My spot at the bridal show next weekend...

Dix
02-10-2012, 08:24 PM
Guess who got booth #13 at the bridal show next weekend...... :facepalm:

Mike D
02-10-2012, 08:39 PM
Something to keep in mind that I used this year that I'm fairly positive annoyed the other DJ's... your booth space is probably what, 10x10? They never tell you that you can't go vertical though..... the curtains at the shows we do are about 8 feet tall. I took one of my truss stands, removed the legs, and put a banner at the top with a T-bar. Ended up having my Banner about 20 feet up in the air, so no matter where you were in the place you saw my name, especially right when you walked in the door.... :)

Dix
02-10-2012, 08:55 PM
I took one of my truss stands, removed the legs, and put a banner at the top with a T-bar. Ended up having my Banner about 20 feet up in the air, so no matter where you were in the place you saw my name, especially right when you walked in the door.... :)

Thats a very good idea! I dont use truss but I use a tree with a "T" on top & two arms below. And actually, we will be on the end with our backs against the wall. So if I were to use your idea, it would work very well because being on the end, everyone would be in front of us with no one behind. Thanks Mike, we will consider it... +rep for that when I can.. I gotta spread a little love around first.

Mike D
02-13-2012, 07:29 PM
I was at the very back, no one see's us when they come in until I put that up, thought it was a great idea for anyone trying to stand out at a bridal show, especially in situations like yours and mine where we're in the back. Hope it helps!

Schreiber
02-13-2012, 07:58 PM
That's absolutely genius. I love it.

RodneyL
03-01-2012, 11:06 AM
My main job was at the local business expo last year and we saw the coordinator tell two people to move or take down advertising that was too high or blocking other booths... I dont think there was anything in the contract about the height but people complained so they took action. It was an awkward situation for everyone.

I would be hesitant to cause problems if I was blocking someone booth... but if I was a against the wall I'd see no issues going vertical

Dix
03-01-2012, 05:36 PM
Since this thread came back up.... UPDATE!

Despite having booth #13, we did pretty well. The show tried out a new idea this year. The had any vendor who wanted to donate to a grand prize do so & the whole package went to one winning bride. There was 2 trips from a couple of travel companies, etc. I gave a free $75 lighting tree with booking our DJ services. They gave every bride a 8.5 X 11 green sheet of construction paper kinda thing with every vendor's name on it in a square. In order to be eligible for the grand prize, they had to visit every vendors booth & have them initial it with a certain color pen that the show provided each vendor.

In the end I just got my bridal show list Monday & it had 175 brides (from all of northeast La) listed with wedding dates, names, address's, email address's & phone numbers. We have booked two from the show so far. Both were $600 gigs which is pretty good for us. Most of ours average $450.
A competitor whom I try to work with occasionally, says he booked three the day of the event (we are the same price $100 per hr), however, he is 20 years my Jr & he has a hot girl with him. I had three people in our booth. My wife, my 30 year old step-daughter & myself. However, we did very well & I am sure I will book several more before its over with, so I am happy so far. As some of you know, we only want 2 or maybe 3 gigs per month.
We paid $325 to be in this show. We gave away "koosie's" with tri-fold brochures, business cards & magnets inside.

RodneyL
03-02-2012, 07:03 AM
Since this thread came back up.... UPDATE!

Despite having booth #13, we did pretty well. The show tried out a new idea this year. The had any vendor who wanted to donate to a grand prize do so & the whole package went to one winning bride. There was 2 trips from a couple of travel companies, etc. I gave a free $75 lighting tree with booking our DJ services. They gave every bride a 8.5 X 11 green sheet of construction paper kinda thing with every vendor's name on it in a square. In order to be eligible for the grand prize, they had to visit every vendors booth & have them initial it with a certain color pen that the show provided each vendor.

In the end I just got my bridal show list Monday & it had 175 brides (from all of northeast La) listed with wedding dates, names, address's, email address's & phone numbers. We have booked two from the show so far. Both were $600 gigs which is pretty good for us. Most of ours average $450.
A competitor whom I try to work with occasionally, says he booked three the day of the event (we are the same price $100 per hr), however, he is 20 years my Jr & he has a hot girl with him. I had three people in our booth. My wife, my 30 year old step-daughter & myself. However, we did very well & I am sure I will book several more before its over with, so I am happy so far. As some of you know, we only want 2 or maybe 3 gigs per month.
We paid $325 to be in this show. We gave away "koosie's" with tri-fold brochures, business cards & magnets inside.

Sounds like it paid off well! Nice work!

DJStevieRay
03-02-2012, 07:30 AM
Speaking of elevated banners. Here are some pics from Bridal Shows, I have done. Instead of a banner. I use a custom glass Gobo, I can put anywhere with my moving heads.

http://www.stevierayentertainment.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/booth2.jpg
http://www.stevierayentertainment.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/booth1.jpg