PDA

View Full Version : Spectrasoul - Delay no more

steeevo
07-23-2012, 02:54 PM
What you guys reason on the new spectrasoul album,

when i saw it i thought I'm defo downloading that but after a quick preview I'm not as impressed as i thought i would be.

maybe i need to give it another listen, i will still probably just buy the album it just seems like there is a lot of 140 bpm tunes on it?

Dantron
07-23-2012, 03:13 PM
I enjoyed it. I don't think there was much on it that was particularly "mind blowing", but it's a pretty solid album none the less.

Doppelganger
07-23-2012, 03:41 PM
Most of those tracks seem a lot more warmer than what I was expecting. Am used to them making minimal stuff nowadays.

Minimal is on it's way out anyway in my opinion. I used to be all for minimal but recently most tracks seem to blend into one dull mass.

I've noticed a lot more producers are coming through the woodwork with nice warm liquid tracks again. Much refreshing to hear. When/if good looking relaunches this year that will be a massive boost for the liquid sub genre.

Flacito
07-24-2012, 06:38 PM
Where can I find this?

Carter
07-30-2012, 07:08 PM
Me likes. A lot. Solid album, good diversity without straying much from their signature sound.

There's like two 140 bpm tracks on there (both of which are really good imo)... most of it is dnb. I love it when artists do non dnb tunes on their album, personally. Get to see another side of their artistic expression and creativity outside of dnb. I mean I love dnb, but that's not all I like or listen to. It's great to hear good artists do something else from time to time... especially when you can feel their enthusiasm shining through it.

Blueprint
08-03-2012, 08:22 PM
I like the non-dnb stuff more than the dnb stuff from this album.

The Blackest
08-04-2012, 10:28 AM
You know, I'm not really digging it. I think its because I'm bitter about Light in the Dark sounding like their remix of Commix's Justified.