PDA

View Full Version : opinions on the Numark im9?

djsuspence
07-22-2012, 10:16 PM
I am considering getting this mixer when I have enough cash but I haven't seen a lot of reviews for it.
Anyone have any experience with it and how it performs?

Nicadraus
07-22-2012, 11:08 PM
Do you really need a mixer with an ipod dock?

djsuspence
07-22-2012, 11:18 PM
Do you really need a mixer with an ipod dock?

Not really, but I'd like to record mixes as well. I own an im1 and it records the mixes decent but I'd like to have a midrange knob and effects are nice as well.
It seems to have a lot of good features on it and is reasonably priced so I was just wondering if anyone on here owns one and can give me their opinion.

JackStalk
07-23-2012, 01:12 AM
I'm wondering about the IM series as well. It seems great for some applications, including a house party if you wanted to take a break.

Nicadraus
07-23-2012, 06:24 AM
Not really, but I'd like to record mixes as well. I own an im1 and it records the mixes decent but I'd like to have a midrange knob and effects are nice as well.
It seems to have a lot of good features on it and is reasonably priced so I was just wondering if anyone on here owns one and can give me their opinion.

Since you already own an IM1, then there is no need for another mixer with the ipod dock. Because you can route another mixer's rec out to your IM1 for recording purposes. Just my suggestion though.

Windows 95
07-23-2012, 06:49 AM
Must be a lemon model. I see GC is selling it for $100.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Numark-iM9-4-Channel-DJ-Mixer-for-iPod-106834120-i1784416.gc

But they are selling the iM1 for $300
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Numark-iM1-2-Channel-DJ-Mixer-with-iPod-Dock-H71217-i1784421.gc

DJ Riddims
07-23-2012, 09:51 AM
I'm wondering about the IM series as well. It seems great for some applications, including a house party if you wanted to take a break.

Or you can simply buy a 1/4" - rca jack giving your the ability to use your ipod or your laptop. From my experience using a Numark mixdeck a few times at gigs, people who notice the dock will start asking to charge their iphone which is annoying.

Nicadraus
07-23-2012, 10:38 AM
Or you can simply buy a 1/4" - rca jack giving your the ability to use your ipod or your laptop. From my experience using a Numark mixdeck a few times at gigs, people who notice the dock will start asking to charge their iphone which is annoying.

...and they will ask you to play their music instead of yours.

DJ Riddims
07-23-2012, 11:04 AM
...and they will ask you to play their music instead of yours.
People will ask regardless of the setup you use sometimes.

Nicadraus
07-23-2012, 12:39 PM
People will ask regardless of the setup you use sometimes.

I know that. But with people seeing a dock built-in to your mixer, you will get that request even more.

JackStalk
07-23-2012, 12:53 PM

It's a 1/8" to RCA jack. I own a few, that's what I usually use. I've had distortion issues with it sometimes since it isn't really designed to be amplified to a PA system. The dock seems more feasible for distortion-less play, I've seen my co-workers using the bigger IDJ2 setup and it works quite well for their application. I'd just politely refuse any requests to charge iphones.