PDA

View Full Version : Battle Voting [Final] Producer battle - Funkyfader vs Rek Aviles

Rek_Aviles
07-19-2012, 09:27 AM
File 1 (http://www.djfbattles.com/battles/Producerbattlefinals-1.mp3)

File 2 (http://www.djfbattles.com/battles/Producerbattlefinals-2.mp3)

Rules:

**Any genre**, but must fit a pop format. With some customization, that's intro-verse-chorus-verse-chorus-specialmoment-doublechorus-outtro.

About 3:20 long. Pop formats have 16 bar phrases, though as dance music uses 32 bar phrases, you obviously have flexibility to give it a 32 bar feel. Additionally, there are dance tracks that use pop formats (daft punk did almost exclusively in Homework) whose verses and choruses alternative buildup-breakdown so that it feels dancey. So again, Pop format, but within that structure, you have total flexibility.Voting
The ranking will be done in brackets, according to a 3 part score, 1 to 5 with 1 being suck and 5 being pro.
Quality of production, mixdown, mastering.
Adherence to rules/format.
Vibe, creativity, just how much you like the track, freeform vote.
Also you will cast a holistic vote on the forum voting software which serves as a tie breaker.
* see call out thread for more informationhttp://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?7930-First-Annual-Producer-Battle-RULES-AND-ROLL-CALL

Austin GoGreen
07-19-2012, 10:57 AM
File 2 for me. The drop and synths used are tight! The human voice funky riff sound was like wtf, then the drop hits and it was like alright!! I also like the use of samples and automation too. But that drop is my shit! #2.

File 1 is good, just not my style. The breakdown was a little weird for me. Again, just not my style. Great skills though!

Please email file #2 to djaustingreen@gmail.com I would like to add it to moohmba/hip hop/dub set I play. I might even layer an acap over it...

Rek_Aviles
07-19-2012, 11:20 AM
Thanks for voting Austin.

+Rep to you :tup:

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
07-19-2012, 12:03 PM
you do realize that when you play the files the names is shown?

Rek_Aviles
07-19-2012, 12:09 PM
yes. I just used the links off the original threads.

Funkyfader
07-19-2012, 12:10 PM
^been like this since the previous round

Rek_Aviles
07-19-2012, 12:15 PM
^been like this since the previous round

true, but the other threads, you couldn't tell who was which. The name format was the same, except for the # at the end. With this one, one name on each file.

But I didn't think it mattered, ppl will pick the one that moves them the most. :shrug:

Rek_Aviles
07-19-2012, 12:29 PM
Fixed.

ftp android app FTW

kickassDJ25
07-19-2012, 06:31 PM
I had a listen to both files just there. I'd like to point out that I'm not an experienced producer so I'm just giving feedback as a general listener. Both are excellent samples work but for me it would have to be file 2, it just sounds tighter and cleaner (if that makes no sense) but all credit to file 1 as well, the producer did an excellent job, personal preference really here, file 2 for me.

good luck to both of u

Rek_Aviles
07-26-2012, 11:47 AM
Gratz Funkyfader! I almost forgot about this battle.

Thanks to those who voted. +Rep

5 votes, but only 2 comments. :/

Funkyfader
07-27-2012, 02:13 AM
Thanks,but mehthe battle didnt go as expected,hopefully next time will be better.also props for making a great track

tekno_violet
07-27-2012, 11:12 PM
I forgot to vote but mine was with number 2.

I pretty much flipped a coin because they were 50/50 in my mind. Great tracks!

de.j.l
08-07-2012, 03:09 PM
File 1 for me, seemed to transition and seem more natural as per the mix down and elements in it. Good work guys.

Realised the polls were closed after I listened and typed this in... :freak: