bEEDON
07-17-2012, 07:26 PM
so i have:

-adj vertigo
-adj 3d galaxian lazer
-2 strobes
-chauvet hurrican 2d hazer

yes, a very random setup all put on a tripod stand :eek:
im thinking i need wash lights to replace the strobes but have no idea what i should go with.
and im trying not to spend more than $200-300.

what 2 lights do u guys suggest?

sobi
07-17-2012, 08:42 PM
I suggest saving your money and getting scanners or moving heads. More than a couple of effect lights, and things start looking real cheesy IMO.

Mystic
07-17-2012, 09:41 PM
I suggest saving your money and getting scanners or moving heads. More than a couple of effect lights, and things start looking real cheesy IMO.
^This. Deal in quality, not quantity.

sss18734
07-18-2012, 02:45 AM
You don't have any wash lighting. Every lighting rig needs wash.

Either a pair of colorrail mini's or a 4Bar Mini 2.0 would be sufficient for a small dancefloor.

bEEDON
07-18-2012, 03:58 AM
You don't have any wash lighting. Every lighting rig needs wash.

Either a pair of colorrail mini's or a 4Bar Mini 2.0 would be sufficient for a small dancefloor.

I like the 4bar mini! Any experience with them?
I think a chauvet 4 bar flex would be better because i could mount my effects on top :0

BillESC
07-18-2012, 09:15 AM
Most any of the strip style fixtures will give you the wash along with eye candy. The wash is the canvas upon which your effects are painted. I've got an un-opened Mega Bar LED going cheap.

noize_unit
07-18-2012, 09:48 AM
Chavet Colorrail, then save for another one ;)

DJ Pyro
07-18-2012, 10:26 AM
Yea I'd add wash lighting to it. I personally don't use any effect lighting in my setup. I use wash lighting, scanners, and moving heads. The effect lighting for my effects just doesn't work too well because I mainly do 21+ events and the promoters I work with all seem to agree the effects take away from the atmosphere they are trying to create. I do however use effect lighting for house parties or if renting to other DJs that may need them.

Synaxis
07-18-2012, 01:14 PM

But he doesn't have ANY type of wash lighting. He should get some wash lighting before getting any scanners or moving heads.

I suggest either the Chauvet Colorrail, or the new Pix Bar. Or as Bill said, The MegaBar he is selling for a discounted price.

Any strip type light will give you a nice wash.

BillESC
07-18-2012, 02:20 PM
Chauvet's Colorrail and ADJ's Mega Bar LED are essentially the same fixture.

bEEDON
07-18-2012, 02:29 PM
Thx for the input!
i found two new chauvet color rails for $400 :)