PDA

View Full Version : Country linedance music? Do I really look like a deer in the headlights?

Galager
02-10-2012, 11:18 AM
I have an upcoming gig where there will be a WIDE and varied range of musical tastes including a significant minority that love to country line dance. This will be the second gig with these folks and they are a challenge because I have to play everything from The Black Eyed Peas to Alan Jackson to Journey but when I get it right, they are a LOT of fun. I have been given the names of a few songs to help me out with the country line dances but most of them I have never heard of before which means the non-line dancing people in attendance will also probably have never heard of either.

My first goal is to find some more recent and well known titles of country line dance music that EVERYBODY will enjoy. I am looking for music titles that fit any of the following dance categories:

Country Horse Shoe
Country Waltz
Country Cha-Cha
Country 2-step
Country Schottische
Country West Coast swing
Country East Coast swing

My second goal is to learn how to identify if a song will fit into one of these categories. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

DJMC
02-10-2012, 11:55 AM
Where is "Dixieland DJ" when you need him? LOL

I am going to track down that guy in Mesquite NV -- can't remember his name-- something like GroovinTunes?

Just 2 of the guys I remember from DJF who would have jumped on this thread!

Be patient --- the forum is just getting off the ground and it may be a while before the C/W-playing DJ's find it!

Djmike209
02-10-2012, 12:48 PM
Dixieland DJ is on DJ Chat forum I will message Him.

Galager
02-10-2012, 01:42 PM
Thanks, I need all the help I can get on this one.

BTW. I am thrilled this site is back up.

-J
02-10-2012, 02:39 PM
Dixieland DJ is on DJ Chat forum I will message Him.

I swear I've seen that name here.

Thrown off of a structure of moderate height.

Dix
02-10-2012, 04:17 PM
Here I am... Here is 10 country line dances that will get you started. Not all are MY favorites but its some I know work & some that have been requested along the way.
Hope this helps... good luck :)
TC

Good Time
Alan Jackson

Boot Scootin’ Boogie
Brooks and Dunn

Watermelon Crawl
Tracy Byrd

Dizzy
Scooter Lee

Get Into Reggae Cowboy
The Bellamy Brothers

Save a Horse (Ride a Cowboy)
Big and Rich

Honky Tonk Badonkadonk'
Trace Adkins

Country Girl (Shake It for Me)'
Luke Bryan

Baby Likes to Rock It
The Tractors

Footloose
Blake Shelton

DJMC
02-10-2012, 06:11 PM
ah....like old times. Thanks Dixie!

Galager
02-10-2012, 07:51 PM
Thanks a ton Dixie! That helps a lot.

Do you know of a site that explains how someone can tell if a song would make a good country line dance? For instance I would love to know the beat structure of a Schottische or a Country Cha-cha but I haven't a clue.

Dix
02-10-2012, 08:20 PM
Thanks a ton Dixie! That helps a lot.

Do you know of a site that explains how someone can tell if a song would make a good country line dance?

Your welcome. I hope that helps.
And I am sorry, I dont know of a site that can explain that. I guess you just gotta know the dance to pickup the beat.

KLH
05-02-2019, 09:21 AM
Good Time
Alan Jackson

Boot Scootin’ Boogie
Brooks and Dunn

Watermelon Crawl
Tracy Byrd

Dizzy
Scooter Lee

Get Into Reggae Cowboy
The Bellamy Brothers

Save a Horse (Ride a Cowboy)
Big and Rich

Honky Tonk Badonkadonk'
Trace Adkins

Country Girl (Shake It for Me)'
Luke Bryan

Baby Likes to Rock It
The Tractors

Footloose
Blake Shelton
I've never seen line dancing with these songs. I've only seen line dancing with non-country songs. Huh.

Dix
05-02-2019, 10:06 AM
Boot Scootin Boogie is still popular for country line dances. If someone request one, that's my go to song.
But, I agree things like Cha Cha Slide & The stupid Shuffle... ah, I mean the Cupid Shuffle are a couple of the most popular line dances although they aint country. Pink Cadillac by Natalie Cole used to the THE line dance song back in the 80's when line dances really took off. I got so sick of playing that thing 2 or 3 times a night.