PDA

View Full Version : Ddm4000

Will MaXimal
07-10-2012, 03:41 PM
I am looking at one for my setup and was wondering why it says that its Traktor Certified for timecode control on the NI site? Not sure how that works.

Can anyone offer some input on the quality of this mixer?

Konix
07-10-2012, 03:55 PM
The DDM is Traktor Ready, NOT Traktor Certified. Traktor Ready just means it comes with a pre-mapped template for Traktor. Traktor Certified means it has a soundcard built in and you don't need an external Audio 4/6/8/10 for DVS control. The DDM doesn't have a soundcard built in. It's purely a MIDI controller mixer.

Will MaXimal
07-10-2012, 03:58 PM
The DDM is Traktor Ready, NOT Traktor Certified. Traktor Ready just means it comes with a pre-mapped template for Traktor. Traktor Certified means it has a soundcard built in and you don't need an external Audio 4/6/8/10 for DVS control. The DDM doesn't have a soundcard built in. It's purely a MIDI controller mixer.

http://co.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=behringer&L=1

False Advertisement :argh:

Konix
07-10-2012, 04:03 PM
As for the DDM itself, it's probably the best mixer Behringer's made. Some may say that's still not saying much, but I had a DDM for a while and liked it. For the amount of features and functions you get for the price, it can't be beat. FX sounded pretty good, if not a little overly cumbersome to use. The MIDI control though is where this mixer really shines though IMO. Overall feel though leaves something to be desired; fairly cheap, light and flimsy knobs and faders.

Konix
07-10-2012, 04:04 PM
http://co.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=behringer&L=1

False Advertisement :argh:

I clearly see Traktor Ready and not Traktor Certified?

Will MaXimal
07-10-2012, 04:05 PM
As for the DDM itself, it's probably the best mixer Behringer's made. Some may say that's still not saying much, but I had a DDM for a while and liked it. For the amount of features and functions you get for the price, it can't be beat. FX sounded pretty good, if not a little overly cumbersome to use. The MIDI control though is where this mixer really shines though IMO. Overall feel though leaves something to be desired; fairly cheap, light and flimsy knobs and faders.

Thanks Konix! I think the best thing to do is save for something better. The Denon DNX-1700 is what I have my eyes on right now... It sure costs a bit of coin but its Certified and seems like a work horse.

Will MaXimal
07-10-2012, 04:08 PM
I clearly see Traktor Ready and not Traktor Certified?

In the "Dj Setup" section it says that it will read timecode :(

Andrew B
07-10-2012, 04:11 PM
In the "Dj Setup" section it says that it will read timecode :(

No it doesn't.

Will MaXimal
07-10-2012, 04:21 PM
No it doesn't.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/gnarkills/DDM4000.png

Andrew B
07-10-2012, 04:33 PM
Did you click it? :lol:

g-sep
07-10-2012, 04:36 PM
Even if it was Scratch Certified I wouldn't want to use it. (and yes, I do own one :P)

Will MaXimal
07-10-2012, 04:46 PM
Did you click it? :lol:

I know where you are going with this lol but with other mixers if it wasnt capable it wouldnt say it... So was not clicking on every single one. It would be nice if it was Traktor Certified... Arent all mixers "Traktor Ready" :P

Nick Bike
07-10-2012, 06:35 PM
headphone jack is in the worst place ever.

Will MaXimal
07-10-2012, 06:51 PM

I know... I was thinking of maybe just getting a 90' angle adapter to kick it off to the side but i think i am going to go for the Denon :slayer:

MeowMix
07-11-2012, 08:27 AM

aside from that im very happy with mine and i havent even tried the midi yet.

Im curious if i hook up the midi do i lose the mixer's effects? I really like the delay on it.

g-sep
07-11-2012, 11:27 AM
Im curious if i hook up the midi do i lose the mixer's effects? I really like the delay on it.

I think that your able to select what parts of the mixer you want to be midi or not. But I think the effects go untouched, just that center section of the fx screen is responsible for the midi clock. So if you have the audio routed back through a channel strip that isn't in midi mode you should be able to run effects on it. I don't know for sure and I haven't even tried the midi on mine either.

TBA
07-18-2012, 12:22 AM
i was constantly searching for a Nuo4 but I think I'm just going to by the ddm4000...any complaints minus the durability?

djpython
07-18-2012, 01:00 AM
I like mine ive had it for 2 months now, no complaints from me good mixer for the price.

Irrational_Fear
07-18-2012, 10:38 AM
I know... I was thinking of maybe just getting a 90' angle adapter to kick it off to the side but i think i am going to go for the Denon :slayer:

The Dn-x1600 is £550 cheaper (here in the uk) than the Dn-x1700 and also Traktor Certified. It's only got a single FX processor as opposed to two on the 1700 but on the flip side has slightly more midi functionality if this was something you were interested in.

Other than that it isn't too different to the 1700 and is a seriously quality piece of kit. Well worth a look if price is important to you.

Blueprint
07-22-2012, 06:30 PM
I wouldn't get it man, and I know you well enough to know that you wouldn't keep it that long either. IMO, you would like the djm 900 nexus or A&H DB4 or something on that level. If you want to keep it simple yet very effective set-up, you could just keep your Vestax and get a Traktor Kontrol X1 and you could have effects, Traktor control, and an extra channel to use as an input for Ableton.