PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Projectors

Will MaXimal
07-09-2012, 06:05 PM
I will see guys bring flat panel LCD screens and set them up and even high end projectors...

... But what if you just need something simple?

I have been looking at this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-HD-720P-Home-Portable-Touch-Keypad-Pocket-Mobile-Mini-LED-Projector-50Lumens-/251004738256?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a710c5ad0

and similar products. Can i get an opinion? If i can just throw in an SD card with some pics for a picture display that would be cool. Its small size makes it easy to place anywhere. I am doing my friends wedding and it would be cool to project some pictures on the wall.

Can anyone recommend something of quality to me?

Synaxis
07-09-2012, 06:30 PM
I will see guys bring flat panel LCD screens and set them up and even high end projectors...

... But what if you just need something simple?

I have been looking at this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-HD-720P-Home-Portable-Touch-Keypad-Pocket-Mobile-Mini-LED-Projector-50Lumens-/251004738256?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a710c5ad0

and similar products. Can i get an opinion? If i can just throw in an SD card with some pics for a picture display that would be cool. Its small size makes it easy to place anywhere. I am doing my friends wedding and it would be cool to project some pictures on the wall.

Can anyone recommend something of quality to me?

Eh, 50 Lumens is nothing. I would rather buy a full sized projector at that price, which still probably wouldn't be enough.

Honestly, I wouldn't bother. If your going to step it up a notch by buying a projector and doing some visuals, you might as well do it the right way and get a good projector that will be right for the job.

I can't really recommend anything because I don't know much about projectors, but perhaps Bill or someone else can.

Will MaXimal
07-09-2012, 06:32 PM
Eh, 50 Lumens is nothing. I would rather buy a full sized projector at that price, which still probably wouldn't be enough.

Honestly, I wouldn't bother. If your going to step it up a notch by buying a projector and doing some visuals, you might as well do it the right way and get a good projector that will be right for the job.

I can't really recommend anything because I don't know much about projectors, but perhaps Bill or someone else can.

Yea, i mean its $400 for that thing and to pay over $100 for anything cheap is crazy...

BillESC
07-10-2012, 10:49 AM
50 Lumens....

In the corporate world 2000 lumens is the absolute minimum. I use a 3500 lumen projector and often which I had more.

Will MaXimal
07-10-2012, 12:21 PM
50 Lumens....

In the corporate world 2000 lumens is the absolute minimum. I use a 3500 lumen projector and often which I had more.

HaHa! Well then i am glad i asked before buying!