PDA

View Full Version : CALLING OUT:Tribal House Battle 2.0

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
07-09-2012, 01:03 AM
~Tribal House battle~
I'm Calling Out:all or any Dj's that play Tribal house.
I'm Calling Out:Mantis,Djlotus,Paulie65m,DJ Armani,PrODucer,Hausgeist,and Rek_Aviles.
*RULES:

Tribal House Only.Sorry,.No House,No techno,No Tech....old material,or tribal classics, are fine,..fresh and new material perferred.
all media allowed.whatever gets you to submit a completed mix
50 minutes max.
Deadline is July 23,2012...two weeks/no extensions...Judging will last for two weeks.we will have a Tribal battle champion by Labor Day.
you will be judged on transition,and selections.
you must,and should get acquainted with the download guidelines provided by the Moderator(Kevin James)in this forums. who will battle me?

Rek_Aviles
07-09-2012, 09:28 AM
50 mins? Will be tough getting ppl to listen to almost 2 hour set.

I'm down but you might consider the typical 30-35 min mix.

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
07-09-2012, 12:20 PM
50 minutes is under an hour.~ 50 minutes Maximum means anything under 50 minutes is acceptable.~if you feel 30-35 minute makes your statement,then please do so.

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
07-14-2012, 05:21 AM
Bump! one week left! no one, wants my challenge?

ben mills
07-14-2012, 01:40 PM
Better luck next time.

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
07-19-2012, 02:35 PM
my mix is in.

ben mills
07-19-2012, 05:58 PM
Who are you competing against?

Rek_Aviles
07-19-2012, 06:26 PM
lol I'm still in. :)

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
07-20-2012, 02:40 AM
Rek_it would be a privilege to battle you.lol.where do you find the time? between the other two battles you're in,and your Moderator duties..........there are still three days left to join in.

Rek_Aviles
07-20-2012, 07:18 AM
:lol: The 2 battle I'm in used the same file, which I finished about a month ago.

As for this one, I haven't even picked out the tracks yet, to be honest. Hoping to do this over the weekend, while spending time with my mother, who's visiting from Orlando. :eek:

Rek_Aviles
07-20-2012, 10:26 AM
my mix is in.

Dennis, I checked for your set on the server and couldn't find it. Try uploading again, when you get the chance.

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
07-20-2012, 05:24 PM
thanks for checking,Rek_.......I,understood coming in, that this was going to be a hassle....I tried twice, to upload it again...I, get at far as upload file(ZUpload),but when pressed,the process bar turns "dk blue" automatically.then I get a "file sent message.it doesn't seem to actually upload.don't get it.:confused: EDIT:i tried again ,.this time I uploaded two files(DennisBdrmDJ 2.0-tribalbattle.mp3,and untittled mp3).this time around the process bar did zip/buffer.we'll see.

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
07-20-2012, 06:14 PM
Hoping to do this over the weekend, while spending time with my mother, who's visiting from Orlando. :eek:"Mom's" are alway the priority.:tup:

JonAvalon
07-20-2012, 07:01 PM
Dennis what version of Java do you have installed?

If you have the latest, try rolling back to version 5 or maybe 6. Newer versions seem to continue to give problems to various users. If you have a soundcloud you are welcome to upload there, just enable the download button so rek or i can download it. Or dropbox will work just fine, just pm us the link.

Paulie65m
07-21-2012, 03:35 AM
Hmm interesting I wish I seen this earlier

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
07-21-2012, 05:36 AM
Dennis what version of Java do you have installed?

If you have the latest, try rolling back to version 5 or maybe 6. Newer versions seem to continue to give problems to various users. If you have a soundcloud you are welcome to upload there, just enable the download button so rek or i can download it. Or dropbox will work just fine, just pm us the link.you have no idea,what a pain in my a** getting the latest version of java to work....rollback? lol...i'll try the soundcloud route....thanks Jon.:tup:

JonAvalon
07-21-2012, 02:26 PM
Dennis is uploaded!

Rek_Aviles
07-23-2012, 09:23 PM
:uhoh:

bro, im just sitting down, so no time to put my mix together. And of course my plan to knock it out on Sunday did not work out. Sorry Dennis.

Tomorrow for sure though.

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
07-23-2012, 09:42 PM
Rek_....considering the fact,that no one has taken my challenge.I'll grant an extension(for everyone) until the end of Wednesday july 25.after that,I plan to just post my battle mix, in the track submission forum,and call it a day.

Rek_Aviles
07-24-2012, 10:56 PM
Fair enough.

Not sure if this is funny or frustrating, but I picked out my tracks and was all ready to start mixing, when I noticed I only had one blank disk left. :blank:

http://i45.tinypic.com/aem885.jpg

I don't use DVS, although this situation makes me wish I did.

*shit thats a big pic.

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
07-25-2012, 04:52 AM
Fair enough.

Not sure if this is funny or frustrating, but I picked out my tracks and was all ready to start mixing, when I noticed I only had one blank disk left. :blank:

with one disc left,..you better have your mixes "down pat"..:lol: I burned thru 10 disc,and the last one,was far from perfect.

Rek_Aviles
07-25-2012, 10:17 PM
I'm uploaded.

a bit sloppy but its a cool dark tribal set. :)

BTW, Was using a new recording program.. forgot to set it to a higher bitrate b4 recording @128. :argh:

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
07-25-2012, 10:49 PM
^looking forward to hearing your mix....how did it go with your lone disc?..this seem much less than a battle to me,because I appreciate all of your contribution, to this thread.:tup:

Rek_Aviles
07-25-2012, 10:53 PM
^looking forward to hearing your mix....how did it go with your lone disc?..........this seem much less than a battle to me,because I appreciate all of your contribution to this thread.:tup:

lol. I bought a new pack today, on the way home.

Also, I would post but there's something about posting your own battles... doesn't seem right. :lol:

Rek_Aviles
07-26-2012, 04:48 PM
http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?11413-Tribal-House-Battle-2-0-DennisBdrmDJ-vs-Rek-Aviles

Rek_Aviles
07-27-2012, 10:34 AM
http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?11413-Tribal-House-Battle-2-0-DennisBdrmDJ-vs-Rek-Aviles

Was hearing set today.. mine is screwed. I didn't have time to listen back to mine, after recording, so not sure if corrupt file or issue while recording. I just trimmed dead air and uploaded that night. I deleted battle thread and will re-up when I get home, unless I have to re-record.

I don't think that battle was meant to be Dennis. :lol:

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
07-27-2012, 12:21 PM
I listened to your mix,early this morning. it was slightly corrupted somewhere in the middle of the mix,but it was pass-able....both of our mixes,had different taste and styles,and it would have been interesting to hear the opinions,from this forum.........I'm still very appreciative of your input, and will agree, to whatever you decide.:tup:

Rek_Aviles
07-27-2012, 01:09 PM
I listened to your mix,early this morning. it was slightly corrupted somewhere in the middle of the mix,but it was pass-able....both of our mixes,had different taste and styles,and it would have been interesting to hear the opinions,from this forum.........I'm still very appreciative of your input, and will agree, to whatever you decide.:tup:

I'll re-up up as soon as I get home.

re-up'd!

http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?11461-Tribal-House-Battle-2-0-DennisBdrmDJ-vs-Rek-Aviles