PDA

View Full Version : New Chauvet Moving heads

ReelDiel
07-06-2012, 11:26 PM
also a 360 model on the website.

http://www.chauvetlighting.com/q-spot-460-led.html

GaFFLe
07-07-2012, 07:16 AM
Yeah... I'm glad I've waited this long to get a moving head(s). I considered the Chauvet 350 LED but always felt there would be slight regret later. The QSpot 260 always seemed not bright enough to me. I'd rather buy once, cry once when making a DJ equipment purchase; I wonder what the price on this unit will be.

DJStevieRay
07-07-2012, 11:06 AM
7 10Watt LED's is not going to be brighter than a single source 70Watt LED. I guess they did this to prolong the life. Because if you lose one 10 Watt LED you probably won't realize it, and it then won't cost them anything for repair if you don't sent it in.

PS. It does look pretty nice though, but have you seen or heard about the Torrent F5? http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=458642934147450

BillESC
07-07-2012, 02:32 PM
The Torrent 5F warrants a long look. Special pricing available.

Synaxis
07-07-2012, 06:29 PM
I'm honestly not surprised and expected Chauvet to come out with a successor(s) to the Q-spot Series.

Let face it, the 160 and 260 are few years old already and are slowly becoming outdated in terms of LED technology and optics.

I question the use of multiple 10 watt LEDs though.

DJStevieRay, even if one of the multiple LEDs did give out, I'm sure there would be a noticeable decrease in brightness, even if only slight.

Silver Man
07-07-2012, 07:24 PM
I will 3rd the Torrent F5 by Blizzard. Even the Torrent 90s are good. I have the 90's and they are brighter than any other LED heads out there (with the exception of the F5.) The F5 is a 150w Single LED source and is a faster moving head. As Bill said, it is worth a look. still on the pricey side, but as others have stated, better to buy once and cry once (at the price), then buy and cry every time you take it out.

DJStevieRay
07-07-2012, 07:44 PM
Plus it has a few new features. And is now the most fully featured led moving on the market.

Synaxis
07-11-2012, 06:19 PM
I found some Youtube Videos from InfoComm:

They look pretty sweet. I might just hold out on buying the Intimidator Spot 350's if these are around the same price range.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59Yv_PQMN4I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZR6rRpsBv0

Synaxis
07-11-2012, 06:24 PM
Here is another one from Chauvet Pro Themselves:

End of August they say:

Hopefully more will be revealed at DJ Expo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlFAdxBA9Ls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQxciIIekGE

Synaxis
07-19-2012, 05:13 PM
Found possible prices on DjDepot.com

Q-Spot 360 - $999.99
Q-spot 460 - $1299.99

Nick_EventPro
07-19-2012, 10:12 PM
I will 4th the Blizzard F5. After a fiasco with elation on their platinum spot 5r line, I'm strongly considering these fixtures over mac 350's. Fully featured, bright as hell (according to spec sheets) and Blizzard has always had great customer service.
I'm a Blizzard dealer so feel free to contact me for pricing or questions as well.

GaFFLe
07-20-2012, 03:31 AM
I will 4th the Blizzard F5. After a fiasco with elation on their platinum spot 5r line, I'm strongly considering these fixtures over mac 350's. Fully featured, bright as hell (according to spec sheets) and Blizzard has always had great customer service.
I'm a Blizzard dealer so feel free to contact me for pricing or questions as well.

What fiasco?

Nick_EventPro
07-20-2012, 07:54 AM
I copy/pasted it.. so bear with the "out of context" read, but...

I purchased two test units with the intent of adding 6 more to inventory once I got familiar with them (and sold off some existing inventory) Here's my experience.

1 out of the initial two had a bad tilt motor out of the box. Returned that unit and swapped it out for another new unit. That unit had a bad grinding noise on tilt movements out of the box. Went to swap that out today. Brought up another unit from the warehouse and decided to run it before making the swap. Electrical issues with that one out of the box. Brought up yet another unit from the warehouse and opened that one up, plugged it in, wouldn't power up. DOA.

4/5 had issues out of the box. Needless to say, all four bad units are going back to elation and the 5th is being removed from inventory and sent back as well. I will be buying into another line, and will probably not do much business with Elation going forward. I need to decide what that next line will be, but potentially the new Martin units when they come out if i can hold out that long on dry-rentals. Just wanted to post my experience, and I'm open to suggestions on units to look into if anyone has had good experiences. Looking for well-featured small profiles in the 2-3k range per light.

Back to the drawing board. I'm tempted to go with mac350s, but I'm hearing martin is getting ready to drop a new line- possibly at LDI, but I don't think I can wait that long...

CQE DJs
07-20-2012, 08:30 AM
I just received in my Intimidator Spot 350s the other day. Set them up quickly just to test them out and I'm very impressed. They are super bright with some great features. Haven't played with them too much but my initial testing was positive.

Synaxis
07-20-2012, 03:11 PM

Don't get me wrong, the Blizzard Torrent F5 looks sweet, and I'd love a pair.

However, they are nearly double the price of the Q-Spot 460. So I don't think that the Q-Spot 460 and Torrent F5 fall within the same league given the gap in price difference.

And unfortunately some of use can't afford a $2500 lighting fixture at the moment :(, and are looking for something that is still good, yet not as expensive.

Of course your sacrificing features and brightness for a reduced cost, but personally, for the type of events I do, the F5 would probably be overkill, nor would I probably require all the features of the F5.

I just received in my Intimidator Spot 350s the other day. Set them up quickly just to test them out and I'm very impressed. They are super bright with some great features. Haven't played with them too much but my initial testing was positive.

How about some Pics or Video? :tup:

Nick_EventPro
07-20-2012, 11:38 PM
Oh yeah, sure. Every fixture has its place. People just started mentioning the F5 and I wanted to just add my support to the mix. In fact, I just bought a pair of F5's today. =) I'll give them a test drive and do a video review asap.

Synaxis
07-21-2012, 08:21 AM
Oh yeah, sure. Every fixture has its place. People just started mentioning the F5 and I wanted to just add my support to the mix. In fact, I just bought a pair of F5's today. =) I'll give them a test drive and do a video review asap.

Wow already? I thought they didn't debut until DJ Expo? One of the benefits of being a dealer I suppose.

Looking forward to the review. :tup:

CQE DJs
07-21-2012, 10:53 PM
Don't get me wrong, the Blizzard Torrent F5 looks sweet, and I'd love a pair.

However, they are nearly double the price of the Q-Spot 460. So I don't think that the Q-Spot 460 and Torrent F5 fall within the same league given the gap in price difference.

And unfortunately some of use can't afford a $2500 lighting fixture at the moment :(, and are looking for something that is still good, yet not as expensive.

Of course your sacrificing features and brightness for a reduced cost, but personally, for the type of events I do, the F5 would probably be overkill, nor would I probably require all the features of the F5.

How about some Pics or Video? :tup:

Ill try and take some pics tomorrow. I may have time to set them up again to play around. Or at least one of them anyway.

Nick_EventPro
07-22-2012, 02:47 AM
Wow already? I thought they didn't debut until DJ Expo? One of the benefits of being a dealer I suppose.

Looking forward to the review. :tup:

They don't really debut until the expo- but the first batch of F5s are in (6 total). They are all spoken for though, and I snagged a pair. But they are pretty much available now with a short wait as more are coming in over the next few weeks.

I'm really excited to see what these things are capable of. I should have my pair in shop by Wednesday. The 150W LED engine should be insane... I got my hands on one of the new trackspot bolts today (also driven by 150 LED) and holy hell is that thing BRIGHT! They are big, but they are such light scanners- easily managed by one person. If the F5 lux ratings are even in the same ballpark it's going to be nuts. Alot of small profiles are claiming 575w brightness now-a-days, but man the 150w LED that was in that bolt was the first light that made me think that LEDs are now doing some serious damage- the technology has just advanced so far. I also got to play with some 5R beams today, though given my experience with the 5R profiles, I'll never touch though they were cool. And I picked up a bunch of the new-ish Chauvet Legend 412 units and fired them up in the shop today. I'm loving those so far. Think MAC101 with quad color RGBW mixing and pixel mapping, and less expensive- win. I'll put info up on those too if anyone's interested.