PDA

View Full Version : Making a Pre-Recorded Visuals

noize_unit
07-06-2012, 12:39 PM
Dont know much about VJ-ing, but was looking to put together some visual to play along with my music when im mixing at home, what would i need to make this happen, i have VJ clips and videos, i've downloaded a trial version of arkaos grand vj trial to mess around with, but the part im confused about is since i cant VJ mix and DJ at the same time ( i know its a possibility, but im just too unskilled at VJ as i dont really know that much ) how will the visual keep in time with the music? hope this is the right area as this falls under visuals...random question, why isnt there more VJ content/threads on here?

Or am i just thinking about this the complete wrong way...

noize_unit
07-09-2012, 01:31 PM
bump... bueller?

instinct
07-11-2012, 06:41 PM
Dont know much about VJ-ing, but was looking to put together some visual to play along with my music when im mixing at home, what would i need to make this happen, i have VJ clips and videos, i've downloaded a trial version of arkaos grand vj trial to mess around with, but the part im confused about is since i cant VJ mix and DJ at the same time ( i know its a possibility, but im just too unskilled at VJ as i dont really know that much ) how will the visual keep in time with the music? hope this is the right area as this falls under visuals...random question, why isnt there more VJ content/threads on here?

Or am i just thinking about this the complete wrong way...

Don't know of much you can do besides a DVJ.. I believe Serato has a plug in, so each song/clip you play will play a clip at the same time. Also look into Resolume if you are on a PC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVJ

If you are into things with a midi controller, it opens a lot more to you.

noize_unit
07-11-2012, 07:37 PM
Don't know of much you can do besides a DVJ.. I believe Serato has a plug in, so each song/clip you play will play a clip at the same time. Also look into Resolume if you are on a PC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVJ

If you are into things with a midi controller, it opens a lot more to you.

thanks for the post....so with resolume or modul8 or arkaos i just need to figure out which clips go where and do all my effects and transitions and get that into a file that i can just hit play, and when i get my lights setup i will be able to use the 'DMX-Sync' feature and it will play that file but will work in time with lighting and sound? if not thats what im trying to accomplish, is this possible?