PDA

View Full Version : vms 4.1 or denon mc6000

G Reitz
07-06-2012, 09:20 AM
Which is better. And which one would be better for long term? Any suggestions?

MeowMix
07-06-2012, 12:15 PM
Are you looking into these as controller/standlone mixer combo or just as a mixer? If you are just looking for just a plain mixer there are far better options in the price range than these two.

More info on what you are looking for specifically would be useful.

Supposedly with the VMS 4.1 they fixed the sound issues of the VMS 4.

Im not sure if the VMS soundcard can handle timecode, the MC6000 cant (you need an external soundcard), that could be an important difference.

If you gonna need a flexible booth output the the MC6000 is the better option.

If you have the cash go for a VCI400 (no booth out though).

Roshanbhoj
07-06-2012, 01:37 PM
The VMS4.1 does have timecode support in VDJ. I use my VMS4 with Stanton turntables everywhere I go. It's nice having all the loop functions, effects, etc. all right there in the setup. The VMS4.1 has a 4in/4out soundcard to let you plug in turntables or CDJs. All you need is VDJ Pro and timecode vinyl. The only thing I can complain about is when you use DVS you can only use 2 channels. You can't use two channels for your turntables and two channels on your VMS4.1 to make 4 channels. Now if you're just using the VMS4.1 then you can use 4 channels. I really like my setup and I'm getting road cases for everything finally and seal this setup.

G Reitz
07-06-2012, 08:39 PM
sorry bout that haha i want a 4 deck mixer combo...im not to worried about the booth out, cause i dont plan on doing any live gigs/shows anytime soon...even if i did it would be at a frat party (college student) so i would be working with ok/crappy speakers and prolly no mic haha. I looked at other controllers...i kno im going to offend someone when i say this but i dont like Nurmark...just seems cheap to me (referring to the plastic). So i guess what im trying to say is im an intermediate/beginner and i wanna upgrade to a decent 4 deck that i can use for awhile...and as ive been so gracially beatin over the head with the fact that Denon is sooo much better..i would assume so due to the price, but when it comes down to it im lookin for a controller to learn and continue to grow on and it seems silly to me to spend 700 bucks on a controller right now