PDA

View Full Version : Bay Area!!!

Lazy O
02-09-2012, 09:38 PM
Rep your city!!

I'm in the East Bay, Pittsburg. Moved out of SF and Daly City when I was 6, but I go out there any chance I get. :love:

Budzak
02-10-2012, 12:22 AM
I'm up in north Marin county. Much further and you're in wine country. I get to claim Bay Area, but I feel I miss out on the "real" Bay.

swine
02-10-2012, 03:28 PM
Santa Clara, brap brap brap

Hygro
02-12-2012, 05:04 AM
THE A L B! Basically Berkeley though.

And Pyroja, you are in Oakland raves every week and other events too. In terms of DJForums you're more Bay than we are.

Lazy O
02-12-2012, 11:27 AM
:lol: :stupid: So true!

manoaboi
02-14-2012, 02:07 PM
I am all kindsa San FranFRISKY right now.

Bay Area FW show still needs to go down btw :D

Nawzlew
02-16-2012, 01:48 AM
I'm from San Jose, but in So Cal right now for school.

djpenguin
02-16-2012, 11:50 PM
Oakland

Rox-Star
02-17-2012, 02:43 AM
What's up Bay Area :tup:

Molbster
02-17-2012, 01:33 PM
Whoop Whoop mother effers!!!!!!

South Bay. I feel like most of you know who I am already tho...

Budzak
02-17-2012, 01:42 PM
I am all kindsa San FranFRISKY right now.

Bay Area FW show still needs to go down btw :D

Yes. This. Let us make it a thing.

Oh, also, you need to play WOMP sometime I think. Hygro can vouch: It's a good time.

Lazy O
02-17-2012, 02:27 PM
Djf meet up @ WOMP! Lol

swine
02-17-2012, 02:54 PM
I think I sent a mix in to WOMP, havent heard back but that was a week ago

Molbster
02-24-2012, 11:44 AM
WOMP takes submissions?? Do i have to play robot fuck (dubstep)??

Hygro
02-24-2012, 02:12 PM
WOMP takes submissions?? Do i have to play robot fuck (dubstep)??

No, the main room is house. Mostly hard electro--I played a lot of prog and the faculty liked that, but getting the kids to dance took some of my skills.

Womp's largely a really young crowd.

Budzak
02-25-2012, 07:17 PM
Womp's largely a really young crowd.

This. Them young'ns love their bangy electro thizz pop =P It's somewhat telling that the third that is "anything goes" is also the bar, and as such full of only the older folk ;D And it becomes REALLY apparent when school is out and this event that regularly brings in 400 or so starts drawing well over a thousand O.O

Swine, not sure who you sent your mix to, but keep in mind Ross/Frank/Krishna are likely swamped with dubstep DJs forwarding them their "My ma got me a MixTrack 3 days ago, can I play?" mixes. Also, I know it can seem like they never checked it out, and then one day blam, Ross is asking if you want to play. Happened to a buddy of mine that sent in a trance mix. He was certain it got lost in the noise... Then he was asked to open up the main stage at Stereo Love 3, and play the 3rd room at WOMP a few days later.

imallama
02-25-2012, 11:40 PM
From Santa Clara, in SF for school. Graduating soon so...probably heading back to SC.

djpenguin
02-27-2012, 06:39 PM
This. Them young'ns love their bangy electro thizz pop =P It's somewhat telling that the third that is "anything goes" is also the bar, and as such full of only the older folk ;D And it becomes REALLY apparent when school is out and this event that regularly brings in 400 or so starts drawing well over a thousand O.O

Swine, not sure who you sent your mix to, but keep in mind Ross/Frank/Krishna are likely swamped with dubstep DJs forwarding them their "My ma got me a MixTrack 3 days ago, can I play?" mixes. Also, I know it can seem like they never checked it out, and then one day blam, Ross is asking if you want to play. Happened to a buddy of mine that sent in a trance mix. He was certain it got lost in the noise... Then he was asked to open up the main stage at Stereo Love 3, and play the 3rd room at WOMP a few days later.

If I were interested in sending in a demo, where should I point it? I play psytrance, but it's pretty bass-heavy, and I've actually had high school kids insist to me that I was playing dubstep before, so I guess it works for them.

It would be cool to play that event, it's only a mile or two from my house.

Budzak
02-28-2012, 12:05 PM
If I were interested in sending in a demo, where should I point it? I play psytrance, but it's pretty bass-heavy, and I've actually had high school kids insist to me that I was playing dubstep before, so I guess it works for them.

It would be cool to play that event, it's only a mile or two from my house.

Liam Shy has played Psy-Trance to that electro-loving crowd in the main room and has done very well by it (Though it IS Liam Shy...), so it's not out of the question. There are Bay Area crews that focus a lot more of the Psy stuff, like Geomagnetic, so it may be worthwhile to hit them up as well (They do a lot of shows at the Gingerbread House, which is a neat little venue in SF).

Anyhow, I'd say Ross.FM is the guy to contact for WOMP. Here's his Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rossfm

Just message him and hopefully he'll get back to you soon enough. He's a busy dude, though, be forewarned.

Send me a link to the mix, too. I loves me the Psy-Trance =D

djpenguin
02-28-2012, 07:18 PM
Liam Shy has played Psy-Trance to that electro-loving crowd in the main room and has done very well by it (Though it IS Liam Shy...), so it's not out of the question. There are Bay Area crews that focus a lot more of the Psy stuff, like Geomagnetic, so it may be worthwhile to hit them up as well (They do a lot of shows at the Gingerbread House, which is a neat little venue in SF).

Yeah, I know about Geomagnetic, Logical Light, and a couple other groups. I 've been going to the psytrance weekly (Synchronize) at Il Pirata in SF for a little while now, and I've met a bunch of the psy folks. I've played there a few times, but they've got a pretty deep rotation, so opportunities don't come up all that often.

Anyhow, I'd say Ross.FM is the guy to contact for WOMP. Here's his Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rossfm

Just message him and hopefully he'll get back to you soon enough. He's a busy dude, though, be forewarned.

Send me a link to the mix, too. I loves me the Psy-Trance =D

I know the type. I'll compose a brief message, toss the link in there, and not expect to hear anything back for a while.

Here's a link to the brand-new mixcloud account I made today to hold mixes after my soundcloud account got too full: www.mixcloud.com/djpenguin

DJVADER
03-12-2012, 01:53 AM
Anyone from San Jose? It would be really nice to meet up with or know other DJ's in town! I heard that there are a lot of meet ups at San Jose Sate University.

CONTACT
04-30-2012, 03:23 PM
BAY AREAAAA

I'm in South Berkeley / Oakland, used to be on this forum as Ohashi, Lazy O might remember me. Just re-registered, Oscar we gotta chill sometime man! Hit me up on facebook.

Hygro
04-30-2012, 04:56 PM
Ohashi, there's a name I haven't seen in a while

Lazy O
04-30-2012, 04:58 PM
Ohashi!!! Welcome back, bro.

Would def be tight to hang out.

ilya
05-02-2012, 06:10 PM
wadup bay area :toilet:

Hygro
05-02-2012, 06:27 PM
BAY AREAAAA

I'm in South Berkeley / Oakland, used to be on this forum as Ohashi, Lazy O might remember me. Just re-registered, Oscar we gotta chill sometime man! Hit me up on facebook.
HOLY Shit I misread- I didn't realize YOU were Ohashi! You were the first DJF person I ever wanted to meet. And then you disappeared before I started meeting everyone.