PDA

View Full Version : Effects/Limiter Settings Question

jdtheishman
06-30-2012, 06:03 PM
Hi guys! Props again to a great forum! Quick question...I just bought a Behringer Composer Pro-XL MDX2600 compressor/limiter etc. It was a STEAL new in the box so I had to get it ($48). I want to put this in between my dj mixer and my amps/soundcard, when playing and/or recording. I have researched over and over again on YT and more trying to figure out how to set this box to level out my mixes and get them more uniform sounding, especially when playing out. I watch my levels all the time, but sometimes I still have issues with loudness/softness in the mix. I'm really hoping this unit helps with my overall sound. Can someone here help me out with a ballpark on the settings? Didn't want to use the auto settings at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

windspeed36
06-30-2012, 10:32 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?feature=plpp&v=_TsLwlHjFhA

Here ya go

With your wiring though, don't worry about inserts and stuff on your board, go it of your mixer then into the unit then out to your amps.

jdtheishman
06-30-2012, 11:55 PM
Thanks! Great link windspeed36! Never came across that one. Very thorough. Can't wait 'til Monday to try it out!

rep'd

mostapha
07-01-2012, 11:26 AM
Also, don't let it hit your music too hard. Your music is already compressed to all hell anyway.

jdtheishman
07-03-2012, 09:15 AM
True mostapha. Thanks for your input!