PDA

View Full Version : Need advice for timecode systems

Astral_Traveller
06-30-2012, 01:31 AM
Hi guys

I'm thinking of buying a timecode system, but I need some sdvice whichone to buy. My budget is a bit limited and I'm kinda new into time code systems. Firtsly I was thinking to purchase a final scratch 2 but I ignored the idea since I realized, my laptop did not support fire wire.

Someone recommended me to go for Native Instruments Audio 4.

Can you please tell me what the main differences are between version 4 and 6, 8 regarding features?

Does Audio 4 run under Win 7? Someone also told me that I can't record my mix by Audio 4 ??? Why?

The most important thing is, it has to be connected by USB as I have no firewire.

My laptop features are>

DELL Inspiron 15 R 4GB RAM. Processor 2.4 Intel core 5 Operation system: Win7 64 bit.

Looking forward to your replies guys, and thank you so much for your help.

Andrew B
06-30-2012, 03:56 AM
Traktor Scratch A6 is probably the way to go.

Nicadraus
06-30-2012, 01:46 PM
Final Scratch 2 (FS2) is way to old. As mentioned, go for Traktor Scratch A6. :tup:

DJ Sunshine
06-30-2012, 11:50 PM
Hi guys

I'm thinking of buying a timecode system, but I need some sdvice whichone to buy. My budget is a bit limited and I'm kinda new into time code systems. Firtsly I was thinking to purchase a final scratch 2 but I ignored the idea since I realized, my laptop did not support fire wire.

Someone recommended me to go for Native Instruments Audio 4.

Can you please tell me what the main differences are between version 4 and 6, 8 regarding features?

Does Audio 4 run under Win 7? Someone also told me that I can't record my mix by Audio 4 ??? Why?

The most important thing is, it has to be connected by USB as I have no firewire.

My laptop features are>

DELL Inspiron 15 R 4GB RAM. Processor 2.4 Intel core 5 Operation system: Win7 64 bit.

Looking forward to your replies guys, and thank you so much for your help.

Honestly the main difference between the Audio 4/6/8/10 is simply the number of inputs. The A4 will allow for 2 inputs/channels, the A6 for 3, the A8 for 4, etc. So it mainly comes down to the number of timecoded decks you want. If you are using the record function of Traktor, I don't see how you would not be able to record your set, as mine just records everything that is being done in Traktor and saves it to the file destination of your choice. It hasn't had anything to do with number of ins/outs. The best option in terms of recording, however, would most likely be to run a separate master output from your mixer into the audio input of your computer and use a program like Audacity to capture the audio. That way you simply record whatever is in the main mix. I use a lot of stuff with the sample decks on a separate channel, so that's just my cup of tea. Hope this helped :)

Astral_Traveller
07-01-2012, 04:54 AM
Thank you to all of you guyz, who replied and gave me a clue. I thank especially DJ Sunshine for the detailed response.

So the main differences, only the number of inputs? Then I should be ok with Audio 4 too 'cause I only use two decks for mixing plus it is a bit cheaper than version 6 as far as I know.

Regarding traktor, I do not see any obstacle to not to be able to record my mix with Audio 4, as it really depends on the software what I use.

So My conclusion is I should be ok with Audio 4 as well, but if I found Audio 6 for a reasonable price I'd go for that one for sure.

So as much as I understood I can use Audio 4-6 to rip tunes from vinyl to mp3? Great!

Could you write me a few websites guys, where I could get a used one? I frequently check out ebay.com/ ebay.de/au or co.uk. Might be more out there where I should give a try?

American websites don't really work, since I live in Europe and shipping can be way much expensive to the overseas countries.

Thanks a lot again! ;)

Andrew B
07-01-2012, 02:56 PM
If you buy the Audio 4, you'll also have to buy the Traktor Scratch Certified Upgrade Kit. So unless you go used, Traktor Scrach A6 is the best deal, as it comes with everything you need: the software, interface, vinyl, and CDs.